By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any Wii games you want to see on PS360?

One single game only. It's Fatal Frame 4 nothing else.

Around the Network

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Monster Hunter 3 yet. Are there no Playstation fans who like that franchise here? Is it a Japan-only thing?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MrBubbles said:
trestres said:
Of course most of the PS360 fanboys will say none. Don't expect honest answers.

Answers like "None of the Wii games interest me" are just trolling.

or perhaps it means...the games dont interest them and you are the one infact trolling.

I think if there is no Wii game current or future that interests a PS360 owner then they are not a fan of videogames and so would be unlikely to be spending time on this website.  So my honest opinion is that anyone that says "None of the Wii games interest me" is likely to be just trolling.  

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

sc94597 said:
bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
@PSwii60 Zelda isn't an rpg, it's an Action-Adventure.

Technically, Zelda is an Adventure RPG, or straight Adventure. Action Adventure is more like Tomb Raider

Not really. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroidvania#Sub-genres

Don't quote a source that is editable by any person with internet access. As a game developer, I can tell you that the Zelda series is NOT considered action adventure. By Miyamoto himself, he calls them an adventure series. Action Adventure is much faster paced than Zelda games are, and often with less focus on story.

Link to where miyamoto refers to it as an adventure game? Also an adventure game has no action at all. Examples of these are Zack and Wiki, Myst, and Sam & Max. Also here are some that game siteslabel it as action adventure .

http://cheats.ign.com/objects/837/837593.html

http://www.gamespot.com/nes/adventure/legendofzelda/index.html?tag=result;title;8

Its on an audio session of GDC conference 2006. If you care to purchase it, you can do so over at gamasutra.com. To further the point, the wiki link listed the Atari game "Adventure" as action adventure, which it is not, it is listed by atari as an adventure game. Dont get "point and click adventures" confused with adventure games, as they are a subgenre of the adventure genre. 

Action adventure games tend to be more fast paced, Zelda games are way too slow and explorative to be an action-rpg. Tom Clancy games are a better model of action adventure

At the end of the day, its an endless debate, but in the eyes of developers, the Zelda series isn't what we consider an action-adventure.

bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
@PSwii60 Zelda isn't an rpg, it's an Action-Adventure.

Technically, Zelda is an Adventure RPG, or straight Adventure. Action Adventure is more like Tomb Raider

Not really. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroidvania#Sub-genres

Don't quote a source that is editable by any person with internet access. As a game developer, I can tell you that the Zelda series is NOT considered action adventure. By Miyamoto himself, he calls them an adventure series. Action Adventure is much faster paced than Zelda games are, and often with less focus on story.

Link to where miyamoto refers to it as an adventure game? Also an adventure game has no action at all. Examples of these are Zack and Wiki, Myst, and Sam & Max. Also here are some that game siteslabel it as action adventure .

http://cheats.ign.com/objects/837/837593.html

http://www.gamespot.com/nes/adventure/legendofzelda/index.html?tag=result;title;8

Its on an audio session of GDC conference 2006. If you care to purchase it, you can do so over at gamasutra.com. To further the point, the wiki link listed the Atari game "Adventure" as action adventure, which it is not, it is listed by atari as an adventure game. Dont get "point and click adventures" confused with adventure games, as they are a subgenre of the adventure genre. 

Action adventure games tend to be more fast paced, Zelda games are way too slow and explorative to be an action-rpg. Tom Clancy games are a better model of action adventure

At the end of the day, its an endless debate, but in the eyes of developers, the Zelda series isn't what we consider an action-adventure.

So why do game sites label it as an action adventure? Anyway I use to also think the same as you until a week ago. Also you are confusing Action games, with Action-Adventures, and Action-Adventures with Adventure games. Also tom clancy games have no adventuring aspects at all. Action-Adventures have to have aspects of both action games, and adventure games.

Around the Network

I want Endless Ocean on the PS360. The game is cool on the Wii, but photorealistic underwater graphics, enhanced character models, and full voice acting would fill out my wish list nicely! And, with the HD console version, my wish (and Dr. Evil from Austin Powers) for a shark, with a frickin' laser attached to it's head, may be a reality.

@d21lewis

agreed, Endless Ocean looks strangely relaxing and fun.

No More Heroes definitely. Other than that, I think everyone should be able to play the big four (Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP, SSBB and Metroid Prime 3) even on a HD console. That would kill the Wii of course, but it's just wishful thinking anyway.

I drink your milkshake.

tuoyo said:
MrBubbles said:
trestres said:
Of course most of the PS360 fanboys will say none. Don't expect honest answers.

Answers like "None of the Wii games interest me" are just trolling.

or perhaps it means...the games dont interest them and you are the one infact trolling.

I think if there is no Wii game current or future that interests a PS360 owner then they are not a fan of videogames and so would be unlikely to be spending time on this website.  So my honest opinion is that anyone that says "None of the Wii games interest me" is likely to be just trolling.  

You did notice that MrBubbles owns a wii.   And not everyone likes the games the wii has, if they did like them then they would of bought the system and many games for it.  I'm not a fan of Metroid, Zelda, 3D mario and just about any other Nintendo franchise i have played before on another system.  If i wanted to play smash, i'll just play melee, if i want to play Mario kart, i have the DS. 

The same can be said for a wii owner that doesn't want to buy the PS3, i don't want GTA4, i have GTA3 on the PS2, or Gran Turimso is just boring, or uncharted is like tomb raider, the MGS story is just beyond crazy.  Now would it be fare to say you don't like gaming and are just trolling, i don't think so.

zelda in hd graphics, now that would be something i'd kill for