By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KZ2 technical director:we have got some help from insomniac and GOW studio

With more news like this I can only think about the troubles developing this game, right know is like a coin, it can be great, or just a failure...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Username2324 said:

I would be interested in how much of the Cell was used in MGS4, GTA4, and Uncharted.... Perhaps the 360 isn't as close to the PS3 as many have come to believe.

And this little tidbit of knowledge is for all of you (had to look it up myself)
The Cell consists of 1 PPE and 8 SPE's, the PS3 only has access to 7 of the 8 SPE's.
PPE - Power Processor Element
SPE - Synergistic Processing Element

The eighth SPE was disable to improve chip yields. Meaning if a processor was created with 1 bad SPE they could still use the processor in a PS3. But only 6 SPE's are available for developers as the 7th is reserved to run the OS.

almost correct.  as of the last known update 5 spe's were completely accessable, with another being allowed but as long as it can be immediately used by the xmb.  the seventh is completely devoted to the xmb.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

SpartanFX said:
makingmusic476 said:
And the bigger news that we can take form this: the God of War teams is well under way on ps3 development, so much so that they are now assisting other teams! :D

God of War 3 will definitely be revealed at E3!

yea man,,,,that means santa monica studio knows the PS3 hardware really good.

Could you imagine God of war with graphics close to KZ2?it would be awesomeeee

Well, CoO manual did say "coming soon," and it only took a year from GoW2 to CoO and that manual said the same thing about CoO (and it was delayed). Can't wait to hear about all 3 of these games at E3 (R2, K2, and GoW3). Btw, don't specify GoW = God of War. That other game needs to take GeoW because it came 2nd.