By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RROD is in the past, why won't you buy an Xbox 360?

JaggedSac said:
^^Thats too bad because Mr. Gates is now using around 30 billion dollars to combat world hunger and disease. Hate something worth hating jackass.

Now, c'mon. That was fine until the very end. Two complaints, and I have to deal with it - a one day ban, watch your language (when addressing others) next time please :(

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I'm still hoping to pick up a 360 soon - hopefully this year. It has plenty of games that appeal to me (non-shooters), and I'd love to play Mass Effect, Banjo, Tales, Star Ocean & a few others.

What is stopping me?

a) Price here (Aust) hasn't really come down at all - even with our excessively high dollar. It should be $100AU cheaper at least (still almost $350-$400 for the arcade bundle).

b) Pretty sure MS is not that far away from announcing a newer (smaller?) model, which will definitely be more reliable. I think its about time for the first 360 slim.

c) This Xmas will have some excellent 360 deals - so waiting till around then

d) Way too many games on the Wii, which I am struggling to play as it is. And a little game (some of you may have heard of) called "Brawl" hits this week :P. Unfortunately the Wii game flood doesn't look like slowing down anytime - this is probably the biggest reason why my 360 will have to wait.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

NJ5 said:
Gotta love the people who don't buy the 360 because of MS's practice of buying exclusives. At the same time, some of them probably happily bought a Playstation (1, 2 or 3).

it's their opinion though, and you have to admit, you can't see those rpg devs putting their games on 360 because they think they could get the best profits there. i personally think it's a valid reason, seeing as there are so many of them saying it. they have literallly tried to seal all the rpg's they can, even though they (i hope) know it will bomb on their console. the 360 doesn't need rpgs, it needs a new image to cater to rpg fans.

i'm not saying sony don't do it, because they do. but ms are going a bit too far. they are killing the rpg genr e and its' sales.

the free online would be nice.

As is, I bought a cheap bundle (€200 halo/PGR/2controlers+GTA with €60 back) for the offline gaming. Planning on buying mainly RPGs for it.
FPSes i'm turned off because of the online subscription fee...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

. At the end of the three year warranty there will be the next gen of consoles coming out very soon

Apart from the fact that sucky backwards compatibility makes your console valuable even after the next one comes out, good consoles have a longer life than three years. (And only the specific RRoD problem has three years warranty, in Europe all electronic devices have normally two) The XBOX was an exception because it was not successful but people whose PS2 crapped out 2004 were not at the end of the lifecycle . A console should at least work until the next one comes out. And with good games having development times of multiple years 4year lifecycles are insane.

Unfortunately the Wii game flood doesn't look like slowing down anytime

LOL shams you shouldn't try to make this into a joke thread. Wii game flood. That was funny.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
Unfortunately the Wii game flood doesn't look like slowing down anytime

LOL shams you shouldn't try to make this into a joke thread. Wii game flood. That was funny.

Like you say, I don't want to bring the Wii into this thread - but trust me when I say, there are more games coming out that I want to buy/play - than I have time to play them. And I actually have had *some* time recently. Understand that I purchase "casual" titles as well, as everyone in my house uses the Wii (and I encourage them too as well). Money & time are limited.

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Because the 360 is competing with the PS3, it needs to be able to match the PS3 in what you get minus the blu-ray drive. So it needs, min 60gb hdd (and to actually include one), built in wifi, free live, free play and charge kit for every controller sold and to get rid of that quite ridiculous power brick, all for at least £50 less. The 360 could well pick up in europe after that. I'm afraid that even though the PS3 seems more expensive, the cost of the 360 is more when you get everything you need. Not to mention once you've bought your more expensive systewm you can't play blu-rays. People aren't all stupid Microsoft, it's time you realised this.

Yes

The only game si am interested in on 360 are First Person Shooters and i have found out they are painful to play with a regular gamepad after playing Metroid Prime Corruption

I'm waiting for more games to be released. Fable 2 and Banjo might compel me into purchasing one.

I wouldn't buy one because it's so ugly i would have to pack it in a box to hide it, but then, locked in a box, it would be so hot that it would burn my house

Now for real:
I never considered the RROD as the main problem not to buy the 360.
I don't like the controlers, simply too used to dualshock.
There's only one game I'd buy the 360 for, Gears of War. And I don't want it THAT much... And I could play it on PC as well...

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts