By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the 360 for me?

I have a PS3 and am interested in a 360 mostly for it's exclusives and markeplace content (which is supposedly amazing)

I am interested in online play but have very few friends that own a 360,thus making the online payments kind of pointless

as well, my PC has 1GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 and Genuine Intel CPU T2400 @ 1.83 GHz, can somebody tell me if this is any good for 360 games that come to the PC?

thanks,

Around the Network

NO THE 360 isn't for you , I don't have any valid reason why , but don't buy it !!!.

Buy 3 PSP's 10 PS2's or 20 PS1's but not a 360 PLEASE !.

Million said:
NO THE 360 isn't for you , I don't have any valid reason why , but don't buy it !!!.

Buy 3 PSP's 10 PS2's or 20 PS1's but not a 360 PLEASE !.

lmao, no seriously.....

niksta2 said:

I have a PS3 and am interested in a 360 mostly for it's exclusives and markeplace content (which is supposedly amazing)

I am interested in online play but have very few friends that own a 360,thus making the online payments kind of pointless

as well, my PC has 1GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 and Genuine Intel CPU T2400 @ 1.83 GHz, can somebody tell me if this is any good for 360 games that come to the PC?

thanks,

I dunno if I can answer if the X360 is for you based on that info you provided.

But I can tell you that  unfortunately your PC is pure crap. It's impossible to play the PC-versions of the upcoming X360 games on that machine without the games looking/running like crap.

My PC is better than yours but I am very pleased with my 360 (have had it as my primary console since Dec 06).

Most exclusives come out way earlier on 360 and tbh its much nicer to play with online friends you know (if you dont have many then you will start to make some dont worry, you can start right here on VGChartz) and the Gamerscore prolongs the game.

I also much prefer to play with the controller for most games and dont have to worry about any multiplayer network firewall setting up/large installations (Age of Conan was 30GB for heavens sake).

My final point would be that this saves me having to upgrade my PC as much as I used to, and I am dreading the next one as it will have to with Vista.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
niksta2 said:

thanks,

I dunno if I can answer if the X360 is for you based on that info you provided.

But I can tell you that  unfortunately your PC is pure crap. It's impossible to play the PC-versions of the upcoming X360 games on that machine without the games looking/running like crap.

lol, unfortunetly, I kinda new deep down inside that my PC (it's actually a laptop) was shitty, but hey, 3-year old game run fine

Not to mention if you want JRPGs which will never make it on the PC.

Since the systems are nearly identical game-wise, I would only recommend it if you are truly devoted to its exclusive and crave its online since an extra $300 for the same thing is not a good idea.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

the 360 has great games that won't be coming to the pc so it is a definite must have. Even games like Gears are better played with a controller; not to mention there are more people playing it on live than on the pc.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

dtewi said:
Since the systems are nearly identical game-wise, I would only recommend it if you are truly devoted to its exclusive and crave its online since an extra $300 for the same thing is not a good idea.

I thought the 360 was $350? I hear the Arcade bundle is pure crap...