By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers!! Was the GTA4 exclusive DLC worth the $50.000.000.00??

We don't know what it is so we can't tell

Around the Network

The internet is a massive minority. The joe casual who buys GTA loves it.

Game got really boring really fast, so I'd say no.

MGS4!

first off: You added two 0!
second off: Microsoft DID NOT PAY 50 Million $. They gave a loan of 50 Million $. What the difference is? Rockstar has to pay it back. And thats by giving his share of the income of the content to Microsoft until the money is back.

So what has it cost Microsoft? Well the interest (if Rockstar has to pay none, and even thats something I don't believe). So even IF they pay no intrest (And I stress the IF), it is only 5 Million $ not 50 Million.

I dont think it was worth it beacuse there are roumors that the dlc will arrive in nowember or december and if it does thats the same time a game called gears of war 2 will release. i think that microsoft set there selfs up beacuse if geow2 and the dlc gta4 will release at the same period then geow2 will steal all attention from gta4 but if ms could spend 50 million then they should pay 100 million instead to rockstar so gta4 would be exclusive to 360, anyway this is my opinion and 1 question to 360 fans wich game will u play geow2 or gta4 when does release.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
o tanks, no planes, no bycycles, no fitness regime, Far fewer weapons, Small City in Comparison, no countryside, no pimping cars, the list goes on

It has less features than SA. Wow that's a big problem for one of the biggest games I have ever played with hundreds of possibilities at any given moment.

Doing the core gameplay much better (better driving, far better shooting, MUCH better multiplayer, awesome city...) in my opinion counts for more than having no "fitness regime". I have played it since it was out and I am almost half through. Believe me people with a job do not need more features.

I like to C these people " with a job" agree with you on that. Yes the shooting, driving etc is better, but once the stories finished theres nothing to do.

no the game just got really boring after i played throught it not playing through it again EVER.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Yes the shooting, driving etc is better, but once the stories finished theres nothing to do.

Honestly when I will be finished with the story I will have something else to play. There are 88 missions, At least 30min for each if not more (The bank-robbery took a whole (awesome) evening from me). If anything that's on the "too big" side for me and I am pretty sure 90% of GTA customers. But if you want more time, the multiplayer is really fun. I wouldn't have thought but I had more fun with it when I tried it out than with Team Fortress 2.

don't forget that GTAIV DLC has to go head to head with saint row 2 as they both come out around the same time and are in the same genre.Also at that time I think 360 owners will be too busy with the awesome Gears of wars2 to care for the DLC.

no, because i tried to download the extra content, and to my surprised it wasnt there. I'll try again tomorrow after family guy.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)