By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does any big rpg fan not own a 360?

ils411 said:
me, i dont own an x360 and if your a true rpg fan, the console to own is not the x360 with all its little rpgs, but the ps3 as THE best and biggest rpg this generation, Final Fantasy XIII, will be coming to the ps3.

Are you a fan of RPG's or are you a fan of Final Fantasy?

What little rpg's are you talking about, Lost Oddysey is on 4 discs, Blue Dragon is on 3, those games are huge.

true rpg fans who buy a ps3 now would not be able to play many rpg's, they will have to wait!

360 has many rpg's now and many more coming too.

Don't get me wrong, Final Fantasy will no doubt be totally awesome, but untill then what you going to do if you want to play rpg's soonish or nowish.

Around the Network

No 360 for me and I think I'm a pretty diehard RPG fan. Like someone above said, the current batch of RPGs aren't a huge leap forward as in previous generations so I haven't been compelled to "Jump In." I could definitely afford a 360, but I just can't justify the expenditure and the addition of another console when I already have a PS3 and PSP and just recently got a Wii. I still have to get through Zelda and Galaxy on Wii, plus Crisis Core, Monster Hunter, and Brave Story on PSP. At this point, if I really needed an RPG fix, I spend a lot less on a DS.

I think this kind of attitude is partly why MS is having so much trouble in Japan. Sure, MS may be king of the console RPGs, but Japan has become more of a handheld market in which there are far more cheaper options for your RPG fix.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

ToastyJaguar said:
ils411 said:
me, i dont own an x360 and if your a true rpg fan, the console to own is not the x360 with all its little rpgs, but the ps3 as THE best and biggest rpg this generation, Final Fantasy XIII, will be coming to the ps3.

What little rpg's are you talking about, Lost Oddysey is on 4 discs, Blue Dragon is on 3, those games are huge.

true rpg fans who buy a ps3 now would not be able to play many rpg's, they will have to wait!

Don't get me wrong, Final Fantasy will no doubt be totally awesome, but untill then what you going to do if you want to play rpg's soonish or nowish.

Go play DS or PSP

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

There are Wii fans that like and get RPGs too you know.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
There are Wii fans that like and get RPGs too you know.

Not trying to be an ass, but what RPGs does the Wii have?

My Top 5:

Around the Network

will never go get a xbox 360.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
jman8 said:
ToastyJaguar said:
ils411 said:

Go play DS or PSP

yeah ofcourse but i was on about current gen home consoles.

But to be more specific he says the ps3 is the best for rpgs and i was saying that at the moment it is not.

It will however catch up.

ToastyJaguar said:
ils411 said:

HAHA!! you got me! i'm mostly a fan of final fantasy. so i may be hurting now by not being able to play the other rpgs on the 360 but i'm deffinitely going to be hurting more if i went with the x360 and not be able to play ffxiii.

its a matter of deciding which you would rather have and what you can live without.

brute said:
ils411 said:

but do you really think 1>alot of rpg's

yes yes and yes!!! its a matter of weighing whats more important to you. playing more rpgs on the x360 or playing ffxiii on the ps3.

like is said in a previous post, it sucks not being able to play the good rpgs on the x360 but i will never forgive myself for not being able to play ffxiii on the ps3 especially since i wasnt able to play through 12.

plus ffxiii>>>>>>>>>>>>>all other rpgs combined

ils411 said:
ToastyJaguar said:
ils411 said:

HAHA!! you got me! i'm mostly a fan of final fantasy. so i may be hurting now by not being able to play the other rpgs on the 360 but i'm deffinitely going to be hurting more if i went with the x360 and not be able to play ffxiii.

its a matter of deciding which you would rather have and what you can live without.

Yeah for sure.

It's so obvious when a ps3 owner says that they are an rpg fan and see no need to buy other systems for more rpg's lol