By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP: Story mode, PS Eye support, and official Sackboy plushies confirmed!

From Joystiq:

Media Molecule's Mark Healey has given our friends at PS3 Fanboy quite the news-splosion. In the latest PS Nation podcast, Healey let loose on LittleBigPlanet details, including:

• There's "a whole heap" of levels that come with the game. "They are strung together in the form of a story," said Healey. "A very loose story, but incredibly funny at certain points."
  • You can make private levels and give keys to friends. In terms of riskier, user-made content, Healey said there is a post-grievance system involving sending screenshots to the powers that be. He declined further on what that might mean for the sure-fire controversial level, LittleBigPenis.
  • Sackboy plushies confirmed! Said SCEA PR Brandon, "It's on the way. Details will be emerging shortly."
  • PlayStation Eye support confirmed. "For example," said Heley, "you can wear a cardboard box and put a sticker of yourself there. And presto, you have a little creepy version of yourself walking around in the game. So yes, you can absolutely do that."

The full audio interview can be found in tomorrow's PS Nation podcast, but for now, you can check out a text transcript of the highlights.

Of course, the mother of one of Media Molecule's developers made awesome Sackboy dolls in the past:

I'll definitely be buying an official one whenever they are released. :D

It will be a long four month wait for the game of the year, but it will so be worth it!

Around the Network

They should bundle the plushies with the collector edition.

Sounds cool.

the anticipation for this game builds...

i can't wait, this game will be amazing

Around the Network

cant wait for little big planet,

Not sure I want the game but I'll accept any of those plushies they're so creative and adorable!

They should pack these in with kids meals, and start a saturday morning cartoon show about LBP. Then it could be the PS3's Viva Pinata, but i'll bet much bigger. Then you have to have the LBP movie and Fruit snacks. Once you have the fruit snacks, it is cat in the bag.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I still can't understand this game. What is it about??

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
I still can't understand this game. What is it about??

It's basically a platformer.  With a user friendly level editor.  Along with online capabilities (both for playing multiplayer and sharing levels).

I'm looking forward to this game.  Hopefully they include things like motors, springs, and other physics props.  I could definitely see myself playing around with those for a long time.