By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Good low cost games similar to Fable/TLC?

^ I heard very bad things about Two Worlds. Thanks for the heads up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Two worlds isnt that bad. The updates fixed major technical problems. Most of the real issues arose from them claiming it was "oblivion on steroids".
Its not great, buts its ok. Although if you didnt like oblivion, you probably wont be interested anyways.

I would suggest giving Overlord a try.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Cool, I didn't realize they patched it up. Did they patch the 360 version too?

dead rising and crackdown- open world playgrounds.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Euphoria14 said:
@Zen

I played Diablo 2 obsessively. I know Guildwars also plays similar to Fable in quite a few ways but I demolished that game as well.

I absolutely love games where you can have loads of fun just getting lost.

I guess so far it seems like Stubbs and Marvel are my 2 choices as I have already played each game you listed and although Mass Effect was fun at first, I grew quite bored of it.

:(

Hey so you've played Guild Wars which is one of my favs. But Guild Wars is more famous for its PVP. World of Warcraft  has a much deeper quest. You might want to try that. I got a little tired of WoW when I got to lvl 45 and relised I had about 2000 more hours of grinding left to go before I got to max. I also have oblivion for PS3 and tried to play it third person but that's really not how it's meant to be played. Still a beautiful game though.

Around the Network

Anybody still play City of Heroes?

I pre-ordered the first guild wars, the second, and the third in the series. (although I never got the third one)
The game balance was just so messed up. I guess I was just tired of farming for gold for 4 hours when some ass hole could buy 10X of what I made online for $$$$$ in minutes.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
I pre-ordered the first guild wars, the second, and the third in the series. (although I never got the third one)
The game balance was just so messed up. I guess I was just tired of farming for gold for 4 hours when some ass hole could buy 10X of what I made online for $$$$$ in minutes.

You've definately got a point there which is why like I said GW is much better as a PVP game.

WoW?

And I was the other way around, I found the game much easier to play on a computer then on the Xbox.