By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - SuperChunk needs your help!

Squilliam said:
psrock said:
Neos said:
i use an illegal version of Vista as well. Torrented it with a generated key, never had a problem. Actually , microsoft even says i have a legal version lol

oh brother.

Amen+1.

Never trust torrented operating systems! Its becoming quite lucrative to steal money via online transactions and you want to give them the chance to mess with it before it even goes on your system?!?!!?!

i have it since september 2007, what's your deal actually?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
superchunk said:
Squilliam said:
superchunk said:
Is it true that all Vista DVD's are the same? Basically all that matters is the key you actually put in?

They are, but I doubt that he owns a "vista cd" he has a recovery cd with specific drivers for his laptop most likely. Theres no guarentee that a vanilla vista install has the drivers to even install on his laptop, or that the drivers are easy to find if it installs.

yeah, I thought about that. But, I usually have no problem finding drivers. I just want to utilize the key he already has so it will be nice and legit.

ok, fine. go to somewhere like WWW.mininova.com - search torrentz and READ the comments carefully, as in every single one and pick one with a large number of comments and seeders.

Be careful and then as soon as you can replace it with a LEGIT version, be careful. Microsoft can't assure security when its been touched by hackers before you get it. Think about that, especially if he does any online banking/shopping or even enters personal details like social security for things like identity theft.

oh, no. I didn't want to imply that I wanted a torrent. I just don't trust those sites.

I was actually hoping someone here had a image of there Vista disc and could put it up somewhere I could download.

Neos said:
Squilliam said:
psrock said:
Neos said:
i use an illegal version of Vista as well. Torrented it with a generated key, never had a problem. Actually , microsoft even says i have a legal version lol

oh brother.

Amen+1.

Never trust torrented operating systems! Its becoming quite lucrative to steal money via online transactions and you want to give them the chance to mess with it before it even goes on your system?!?!!?!

Dunno, I have over 100k split between several accounts that I access with online banking. Im a little paranoid or maybe sensibe? Probably both actually.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Neos said:
Squilliam said:
psrock said:
Neos said:

oh brother.

Amen+1.

Dunno, I have over 100k split between several accounts that I access with online banking. Im a little paranoid or maybe sensibe? Probably both actually.

100k? woa.. now i know why i ain't worried xD

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

superchunk said:
Squilliam said:
superchunk said:
Squilliam said:
superchunk said:
Is it true that all Vista DVD's are the same? Basically all that matters is the key you actually put in?

They are, but I doubt that he owns a "vista cd" he has a recovery cd with specific drivers for his laptop most likely. Theres no guarentee that a vanilla vista install has the drivers to even install on his laptop, or that the drivers are easy to find if it installs.

yeah, I thought about that. But, I usually have no problem finding drivers. I just want to utilize the key he already has so it will be nice and legit.

ok, fine. go to somewhere like WWW.mininova.com - search torrentz and READ the comments carefully, as in every single one and pick one with a large number of comments and seeders.

Be careful and then as soon as you can replace it with a LEGIT version, be careful. Microsoft can't assure security when its been touched by hackers before you get it. Think about that, especially if he does any online banking/shopping or even enters personal details like social security for things like identity theft.

oh, no. I didn't want to imply that I wanted a torrent. I just don't trust those sites.

I was actually hoping someone here had a image of there Vista disc and could put it up somewhere I could download.

I didn't think it was about stealing, but sorry I can't help with that unfortunately. I do have a couple of disks but I wouldn't know how to image them properly nor do I have apropriate hosting.

Why don't you use a copy of XP since you probably have a disk right? and plod along unactivated until he can order the proper disks?

Tease.

Around the Network
Neos said:
Squilliam said:
Neos said:
Squilliam said:
psrock said:
Neos said:

oh brother.

Amen+1.

100k? woa.. now i know why i ain't worried xD

Im not rich, its not MY money (directly anyway - shared between me and my brother)... its part of my family trust. I just look after it.

Tease.