By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trophies/achievements... or whatever they are?

If there's  a "Mile High Club" trophy -  that'll seperate the 360 men from the PS3 boys

Around the Network

Their was a recent article about the trophy system,with pictures from supposed game developers.It looks cool.

Profcrab said:
*~Onna76~* said:
What's up with these trophies anyway, is it like showing off to others how great you are on certain types of games?

If so, I honestly don't care, I game for fun but not to be "the best". Unless I'm completely wrong, correct me please.

It is the same it is with Achievements, it will just give you a little something extra to shoot for in a game. In Burnout Paradise I spent a while trying to land a double barrel roll to get the achievement. Not for the points, just to get the achievement. Some people care about Gamerscores and whatnot, but I only care about having fun with the games I have. The many of the achievements are fun to get. You might find it is the same when trophies appear on the PS3.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Ah okay, that sure sounds like fun, I own Burnout Paradise as well so indeed know what it is Thanks for explaining.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

what are this Trophies/achievements ,please give me example???

*~Onna76~* said:
What's up with these trophies anyway, is it like showing off to others how great you are on certain types of games?

If so, I honestly don't care, I game for fun but not to be "the best". Unless I'm completely wrong, correct me please.

It's a way to compare e-penises.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Achievement points in games are for people with no lives. Who cares if someone cheated their way to a 100 000 point score? People are forced to play crap games to boost their point tallies. Defeats the purpose. No fun in Achievement points.

Most 360 owners would disagree with you, I think achievement points are a nice addition and they do encourage you to go deeper into the game.  If people cheat to get maximum achievement points then that is up to them, I cant see the point in that to be honest. 

The nearest i ever got to maximum was 980/1000 on Call Of Duty 2 i think.

And lets face it Rock_on, if Sony introduce something similar you will be the one proclaiming it the best idea in the world.... EVER!

Yes, most 360 owners do need something to justify the $50 a year they pay to play online. I haven't met a 360 fan yet that hasn't tried to convince me that the 360 is worth it just for achievements.

rasone77 said:

Yes, most 360 owners do need something to justify the $50 a year they pay to play online. I haven't met a 360 fan yet that hasn't tried to convince me that the 360 is worth it just for achievements.

Yeah, the superior online service to PSN all comes down to the achievements. >_>

Seriously though, I don't think you can understand just how much fun and/or replay value achievements (when done right) add to a game unless you play them yourself, if they weren't so great Sony wouldn't be working on them now would they.