By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Please don't remake Final Fantasy 6 for DS

well I do liked FF6 too but the way they remaded the games on the DS was great so I would like a remake of FF6 too.

Around the Network

If they really do a remake of FF6, I think I would actually prefer it be on the DS. A full console-style remake would probably have a much greater chance of crippling the charm of the game.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

This is how I felt when they announced IV... Now I trust them. They can do whatever they think they should do with it and I won't bitch, but it still has to seem good for me to buy it.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I'd like to see the VI remake on the DS and the VII remake on the Wii, PS3, or 360.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Kasz216 said:
johnsobas said:
i'm all about playing the original games usually, but i've beaten through FF4 on DS and I was very impressed. FF6 is possibly my favorite game of all time, and i'd love to see a remake like FF4.

Final Fantasy 4 is a bit of an exception since they crippled the US version.

what did they do to the US version?  I imagine the voice acting is bad, but what else could they do?  The games been translated 3 times already in the past, I can't imagine that still being a problem.  Don't tell me they reduced the difficulty.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

I dunno, I'd be afraid that they'd try to implement a FFXII battle system onto 6 if it were on a console....that would suck.

I honestly couldn't get into VI.I grew up with a GEN and N64.Tried to play it recently,but couldn't bear playing it on the PC.I think VII is the best,but I would be inclined to play the "best" Final Fantasy,on a DS.

I want ff6 to be remade on ps3 or some shit. Not on DS please

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Kasz216 said:

I'm against remakes on principil.

I think a FF6 remake would make it lose a lot of charm those blockly little characters had with their goofy gestures and often times over the top reactions.

If you had to remake it... i'd touch up the colours, add some extras, but largely keep the graphics the same... use better sound quality for the kickass music maybe...

that's about it.

I agree wholeheartily with this. I pretty much want a complete port of my loved games with maybe touched up music, and graphics, but not a complete overhual. Maybe some extra stuff just for the heck of it.

I want the same thing with Earthbound. Not this 3D stuff, just keep the good ol' 2D quirky style graphics. Please >.>

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Not really a big fan of remakes myself for the most part. Though when the DS was released I thought it would be an ideal machine to bring back the SNES days. So I'm up for a DS remake for their games. I would like to see some new FF off shoots that play like the old classics, but use the new engine for the DS.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.