By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Insomniac Games a good gaming company?

waron said:

i don't think so. insomniac games is making only ratchet and resistance games for consoles(they didn't make any handheld game) so i don't think we can say much about them. you can argue with me but ratchet games are really similar to each other and first resistance was a mediocre game. so until they will make a game that isn't another ratchet or resistance we can't say much about them cause we don't know if they could make good game that doesn't have ratchet and clank on it's cover.

they made only:
* Ratchet 6 - PS3 (Unknown release, most likely in 2009, production most likely starting soon or the beginning of next year)
* Resistance 2 — PS3 (2008, in development)
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction — PS3 (2007)
* Resistance: Fall of Man — PS3 (2006)
* Ratchet: Deadlocked — PS2 (2005)
* Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal — PS2 (2004)
* Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando — PS2 (2003)
* Ratchet & Clank — PS2 (2002)
* Spyro: Year of the Dragon — PS1 (2000)
* Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! — PS1 (1999)
* Spyro the Dragon — PS1 (1998)
* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

Let them stick to those. They are great quality games, they sell very well, people enjoy em allot, nobody complains about them. 

And resistance was well above average :P

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
waron said:

i don't think so. insomniac games is making only ratchet and resistance games for consoles(they didn't make any handheld game) so i don't think we can say much about them. you can argue with me but ratchet games are really similar to each other and first resistance was a mediocre game. so until they will make a game that isn't another ratchet or resistance we can't say much about them cause we don't know if they could make good game that doesn't have ratchet and clank on it's cover.
* Ratchet 6 - PS3 (Unknown release, most likely in 2009, production most likely starting soon or the beginning of next year)

* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

How was Resistance a "mediocre" game? At least learn the definition of the word.

and Spyro were bad games they did not make??? lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The first thing you use to describe them is "they are Playstation exclusive". Is that the best thing about them?

To answer the topic question, yeah they're a good company.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I still want to know why they only make games for PS3, surely Sony must have some sort of control

They are 2nd party, not 1st party..but they have a strong bond to Sony..so..

Around the Network

Valve >>> Insomniac.

But still they are a good company.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Valve >>> Insomniac.

But still they are a good company.

for game quality YES as the way the value their employees no Insomniac is better. Insomniac is like the Google of the game industry for their employees.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

MakoInfused said:
waron said:

they made only:
* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

Let them stick to those. They are great quality games, they sell very well, people enjoy em allot, nobody complains about them.

RARE is good gaming company 
insomniac games is a good action adventure game developer
that's the difference - RARE can easily make great game no matter from what category from fps, fighters to viva pinata insomniac can make only really good ratchet games and only good resistance games and this can't be a synonym to description of really good developer at least for me.

@ Waron

Fail?

I mean, you seriously couldn't expect a serious response to that failpost.

waron said:
MakoInfused said:
waron said:

they made only:
* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

RARE is good gaming company 
insomniac games is a good action adventure game developer
that's the difference - RARE can easily make great game no matter from what category from fps, fighters to viva pinata insomniac can make only really good ratchet games and only good resistance games and this can't be a synonym to description of really good developer at least for me.

Yea but does their company have a muffin bar or taco tuesdays? I thought not! 

Insomniac= EPIC WIN