By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Insomniac Games a good gaming company?

my opinion about Insomniac games is that it is the best game company ever, they are Playstation exclusive too which means that xbox and xbox 360 owners won't find Insomniacs games on ther systems, i think Insomniac games is just a overall awesome gaming company, because they make the best games, they made all the spyro games, all the Ratchet and clank games, and they made Resistance: Fall of Man, which all 3 series of games were awesome and very fun to play

PSN ID - ctguzman, add me Games i have: Resistance: Fall of Man Tony Hawks Proving Ground Grand Theft Auto 4 The GodFather: The Dons Edition Motorstorm

Around the Network

Yes, they make great games every single year

I loved the Ratchet Series. Played all of them including the PSP one except for the PS3 RC and found them entertaining and always improving from the previous version. Was one of the reasons I bought a PS2

Cool post bro

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

They are one of the best companies. They treat their employees well and make AAA titles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

yes avery good company its good to see them doing so well in this gen of gaming and trust me R2 will be awesome!

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

i don't think so. insomniac games is making only ratchet and resistance games for consoles(they didn't make any handheld game) so i don't think we can say much about them. you can argue with me but ratchet games are really similar to each other and first resistance was a mediocre game. so until they will make a game that isn't another ratchet or resistance we can't say much about them cause we don't know if they could make good game that doesn't have ratchet and clank on it's cover.

they made only:
* Ratchet 6 - PS3 (Unknown release, most likely in 2009, production most likely starting soon or the beginning of next year)
* Resistance 2 — PS3 (2008, in development)
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction — PS3 (2007)
* Resistance: Fall of Man — PS3 (2006)
* Ratchet: Deadlocked — PS2 (2005)
* Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal — PS2 (2004)
* Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando — PS2 (2003)
* Ratchet & Clank — PS2 (2002)
* Spyro: Year of the Dragon — PS1 (2000)
* Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! — PS1 (1999)
* Spyro the Dragon — PS1 (1998)
* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

Insomniac is up there with Bungie/Epic/Naughty Dog...if not further up :P

If i was given the choice to work with any developer house, i would say Insomniac hands down. Apart from having passion in their work, they know how to have a good time

waron said:

i don't think so. insomniac games is making only ratchet and resistance games for consoles(they didn't make any handheld game) so i don't think we can say much about them. you can argue with me but ratchet games are really similar to each other and first resistance was a mediocre game. so until they will make a game that isn't another ratchet or resistance we can't say much about them cause we don't know if they could make good game that doesn't have ratchet and clank on it's cover.
* Ratchet 6 - PS3 (Unknown release, most likely in 2009, production most likely starting soon or the beginning of next year)
* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

How was Resistance a "mediocre" game? At least learn the definition of the word.

MontanaHatchet said:
waron said:

* Disruptor — PS1 (1996)

How was Resistance a "mediocre" game? At least learn the definition of the word.

well i played once this game and it was just another generic fps with nice visuals and boring(for me) multiplayer - that's all.

for me insomniac games is just like epic they are making only games from 2 franchise and that's all so it's really hard to say if they're really good if we can't say anything more than that they are making very good action adventure games from one franchise and one good-but-not-great fps game.