By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Guitar Hero 4 be better than Rock Band?

chefsean said:

Actually the people that made Rock Band are the people that started guitar hero. Harmonix, the people behind the first 2 Guitar Hero games and rock the 80's expansion made Rock Band.

Well, chefsean, the people that made Guitar Hero to begin with (Harmonix) basically did what Activision did.

Harmonix bought the liscense to "GuitarFreaks" by Konami, added 2 frets, and just made it a console version.

Guitar Hero: World Tour will be better. Much better, even better than Rock Band 2. I'm convinced. Also, Rackband is waaaaaaay to easy, and RB 2 will probably be just as easy.

disolitude said:
It better be. Its coming out a year later and blatantly copying Rockband...if its worse then Activision have a big problem.

And also disolitude, RedOctane has been developing "Drum Hero" since before Guitar Hero III. They just combined the project with Guitar Hero 4. They are not "ripping off". Adding instruments is the next logical step.

FUCK HARMONIX! FUCK ROCKBAND! Guitar Hero World Tour FTW!!!

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
chefsean said:

Actually the people that made Rock Band are the people that started guitar hero. Harmonix, the people behind the first 2 Guitar Hero games and rock the 80's expansion made Rock Band.

Well, chefsean, the people that made Guitar Hero to begin with (Harmonix) basically did what Activision did.

Harmonix bought the liscense to "GuitarFreaks" by Konami, added 2 frets, and just made it a console version.

Guitar Hero: World Tour will be better. Much better, even better than Rock Band 2. I'm convinced. Also, Rackband is waaaaaaay to easy, and RB 2 will probably be just as easy.

disolitude said:
It better be. Its coming out a year later and blatantly copying Rockband...if its worse then Activision have a big problem.

And also disolitude, RedOctane has been developing "Drum Hero" since before Guitar Hero III. They just combined the project with Guitar Hero 4. They are not "ripping off". Adding instruments is the next logical step.

Strange how you direct so much hatred toward the company without whom Guitar Hero would most likely not exist (and certainly not in its current form).  Have some perspective there, buddy.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Guitar Hero WT has the brand power behind it, when Rockband came out only the hardcore guitar hero players wanted it, while the casual guitar hero players stick with the name they know.

Hence why Guitar Hero 3 (and most likely 4) will destroy Rockband in sales.

GooseGaws said:
L.C.E.C. said:
chefsean said:

Actually the people that made Rock Band are the people that started guitar hero. Harmonix, the people behind the first 2 Guitar Hero games and rock the 80's expansion made Rock Band.

disolitude said:

Strange how you direct so much hatred toward the company without whom Guitar Hero would most likely not exist (and certainly not in its current form).  Have some perspective there, buddy.

I used  to actually kind of like Harmonix for taking the series and improving it, but now, with their excuses for makeing a late, gimped, half-assed, PS2-port Wii vesion of Rock Band (Hell, Guitar Hero even had a better PS2 version than Rock Band), I hate that company.

I think it will, yes.

One of my favorite aspects of GHIII is the expert difficulty mode which is just amazingly fun.

Also, I am in love with the new hardware screens and the Metallica expansion pack.

So yeah, Guitar Hero for me.

I'm usually a big fan of the underdog, but it looks like Harmonix has went a different, more casual direction with the instruments on their games, as well as making a crappy Wii port, so if the genre only has room for one, then drop Rock Band, for all I care.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ctguzman said:
i think Guitar Hero 4 will be better because thay were the ones that first came up with a guitar game, all Rock Band did was add drums and a base guitar, which was pretty awesome, but in Guitar Hero 4, they will have drums and a base, which i think, will beet Rock Band, and maybe even beat Rock Band 2, if there ever will be a Rock Band 2

If they stop inventing their music charts and actually sticking to what is in the song, maybe. But the fact that Every song seems to be a non stop 3 note chord fest makes me think they are a bunch of retards trying to make this a Tony Hawk combo game and not a music game.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I'll probably get both. World Tour has a lot to prove. Rock Band has already done it. The new features and drums look awesome for World Tour, but we'll see (probably at E3) what Rock Band 2 has in store.

Right now Rock Band is clearly better, even if you only have a Wii.

|_emmiwinks said:
ctguzman said:
i think Guitar Hero 4 will be better because thay were the ones that first came up with a guitar game, all Rock Band did was add drums and a base guitar, which was pretty awesome, but in Guitar Hero 4, they will have drums and a base, which i think, will beet Rock Band, and maybe even beat Rock Band 2, if there ever will be a Rock Band 2

If they stop inventing their music charts and actually sticking to what is in the song, maybe. But the fact that Every song seems to be a non stop 3 note chord fest makes me think they are a bunch of retards trying to make this a Tony Hawk combo game and not a music game.

That's a first, you claim that Guitar Hero is worse because they have worse charts. Basically, the chording and hammeron-pulloff combos in Guitar Hero make it very difficulty, especially on expert.

If you actually want to get really good at the game, you need to learn this stuff. I am very glad it was included because it gave the game much more replayability for me.

If you can play anything past set 6 of Guitar Hero on HARD mode(not expert) then you can play any expert sony on Rock Band with the guitar hardware, period. It really is much, much easier, which is in turn more casualized, which is again in turn worse, imo.

Let me point you to a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDNPtxZ9Y00

...experienced players know how relatively hard 3s and 7s is to play on expert Guitar Hero. The Rock Band version while still hard to casual players, is slightly easier than Guitar Hero's "hard" difficulty. This is unfortunate. There should be a "Very expert" mode on Rock Band, lol.

If you'll notice the Rock Band fretboard also moves slighly slower than the Guitar Hero fretboard, again to increase the ease of difficulty.

The solo is particularlly easy on the Rock Band version which is a dissapointment, as the solo's are the hardest and most rewarding parts of the Guitar Hero franchise, and yes, also of the real guitar.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Green Tides on expert is really hard, Zen. Maybe not to you, the true Guitar Hero...

But Rock Band is still the overall better experience. Drums and vocals are the only instruments that are true to life, anyway. Learning to play Guitar on these games isn't a true musical achievement. Drums and vocals are. The DLC is much better, as well.

GH4 is going to be better than the wii version of guitar hero