By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The sales of the 360 are going up in Japan.

Fei-Hung said:

well you can say the price drop will help, but then there will be a ps3 price drop and then there will be a slimline ps3. these things will just counter each other and the only thing stopping the 360 sinking at the moment is price drops and buying exclusive content. 

If you look at some of the most anticipated games to be released in the future, the majority of them are Sony games that ps2 owners who currently own a 360 are waiting for, or ps2 owners who still havent upgraded to a ps3. games like FF, Killzone, Tekken, GT and the long line selling singstars and buzz games that the 360 has zero off.

It's also important to look at what the competitors are doing whilst these 360 sales have gone up. are they dropping their number of sales? is it just as big of a deal if the 360 sells 10k in a week, where the ps3 and wii sell 50k in that week? 

I am always hearing that PS2 Users will upgrade to the PS3. I doubt it. Not every SNES user bought a N64. Even with the franchises like Mario Kart, Zelda or Mario released. The same thing could happen to the PS3 and their franchises. MGS4 did not work out, GTA IV either.

Sure FF will boost the PS3 sales especially in Japan, but is it gonna be that huge and sustainable? The previous Final Fantasy XII sold about 5 million units on the PS2 with its incredible Userbase. Actually Gears of War sold more units than the last FF, without a existing userbase in Japan.

This is no trolling.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

i cant see the 360 selling 5k+ in japan for more than a short period tbh, it just dosent seem to appeal to japenese gamers as much as the PS3 or Wii

I am always hearing that PS2 Users will upgrade to the PS3. I doubt it. Not every SNES user bought a N64. Even with the franchises like Mario Kart, Zelda or Mario released. The same thing could happen to the PS3 and their franchises. MGS4 did not work out, GTA IV either.

Sure FF will boost the PS3 sales especially in Japan, but is it gonna be that huge and sustainable? The previous Final Fantasy XII sold about 5 million units on the PS2 with its incredible Userbase. Actually Gears of War sold more units than the last FF, without a existing userbase in Japan.

This is no trolling.

the difference in the n64 going down hill and the ps3 was, the dvd era had come and the n64 didnt offer a dvd player. the xbox and the PS2 did. 

As for FF sales, yes you are right, but on the ps2, there were lots of FF's games. Since then, there has not been a new next gen FF game and this is why it is more anticapted then its previous titles released on the ps2. It's not just Japanese gamers who enjoyed FF games, it was gamers around the globe who were stuck to their ps2's playing on Ff for hours on end.

the main point you are missing out on is the line up of games they have that will give continues boost to its hardware sales. FF is not the only big anticipated release on the ps3, it is just one of many more to come.

Fei-Hung said:

This is no trolling.

the difference in the n64 going down hill and the ps3 was, the dvd era had come and the n64 didnt offer a dvd player. the xbox and the PS2 did. 

As for FF sales, yes you are right, but on the ps2, there were lots of FF's games. Since then, there has not been a new next gen FF game and this is why it is more anticapted then its previous titles released on the ps2. It's not just Japanese gamers who enjoyed FF games, it was gamers around the globe who were stuck to their ps2's playing on Ff for hours on end.

the main point you are missing out on is the line up of games they have that will give continues boost to its hardware sales. FF is not the only big anticipated release on the ps3, it is just one of many more to come.

U r mixing the generations here! N64 / PSX / Sega Saturn! The following Generation was Gamecube / Xbox / PS2

none of them used DVDs, just CDs, except n64 with their plug n play stuff, which i loved btw

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

^^oops my bad. I did mix up them up pretty bad didnt i? :s ^^

Well still, the same thing. ps offered cd format which n64 didnt. it was a big deal since FMV and CG sequences were a big thing then and n64 cudnt do much of it if any at all.

so yes, same point still as previous but now with the right machines from right generations.

Around the Network

@ Fei
I was about to say!

Anyway, 1 million will be a big accomplishment.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Yup 1 million will be quite an accomplishment for MS. If may sound stupid and marginalized but it does show that the Japanese market can POSSIBLY be tapped in the future generations by MS

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

yup 1 million will be more then an accomplishment. 1 million will go down in history and after that there will be no more looking back. the future will be bright, the future will be orange...no sorry it will be 360 :p

Any MS fan should watch the program on bill gates. It will give u a rough idea what microsoft is up against!

http://www.vgchartz.com/japweekly.php?date=39355&console=&maker=&disp=Japanese+Name&boxartz=1

Re-release Halo 3, I say!

alot of banned people have entered this thread