By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Huge deliveries of Wii in Australia.

I work at Target in Adelaide and have found out that in a few weeks we have a delivery of 300 Wiis coming. We have a large toy sale in july and the sales are massive. Big W and Kmart also have big toy sales 1 week before us and I am expecting lots of both PS3 and Wii sales in those weeks. Target have around 200 stores around the country and while the store I work at is one of the biggest I am expecting a huge increase of sales of all consoles but especially the Wii and the DS. So if anyone is thinking of buying any console or handheld they might be better of waiting until mid July when the sales start. I am expecting the 300 Wiis to be sold in around 2 days. At the moment we are selling around 10 a week but are always sold out and could probably sell 30 to 40 a week without too much worry.

Anyway I will repeat myself.

DO NOT BUY ANY CONSOLE/HANDHELD UNTIL THESE SALES ARE ON AND YOU WILL GET A GREAT BARGAIN

Around the Network

Wow.. that's some large shipment! Do you have any clue why this shipment happens (i mean is it just because of your huge toy sale)?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Imthelegend said:

I work at Target in Adelaide and have found out that in a few weeks we have a delivery of 300 Wiis coming. We have a large toy sale in july and the sales are massive. Big W and Kmart also have big toy sales 1 week before us and I am expecting lots of both PS3 and Wii sales in those weeks. Target have around 200 stores around the country and while the store I work at is one of the biggest I am expecting a huge increase of sales of all consoles but especially the Wii and the DS. So if anyone is thinking of buying any console or handheld they might be better of waiting until mid July when the sales start. I am expecting the 300 Wiis to be sold in around 2 days. At the moment we are selling around 10 a week but are always sold out and could probably sell 30 to 40 a week without too much worry.

DO NOT BUY ANY CONSOLE/HANDHELD UNTIL THESE SALES ARE ON AND YOU WILL GET A GREAT BARGAIN

Thanks for the advice about waiting for the sales but I live in London and the saving just doesn't warrant the flight cost  :)

Thanks for the heads up. Any idea if there will be savings on PS2's?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Brawl does launch in a week - and there are ads *everywhere* for it (watching the footy today, every single ad break had a Brawl ad).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:
Brawl does launch in a week - and there are ads *everywhere* for it (watching the footy today, every single ad break had a Brawl ad).

ahh right, i thought it was delayed in australia again =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

starcraft said:
Thanks for the heads up. Any idea if there will be savings on PS2's?

Definitely will be. I haven't seen the catalogue yet but the ps2 still sells in Australia and is still a profitible machine for both Sony and retailers and the Toy sales are going to be huge so stay watching your mail boxes for the catalogues.

@ shams we are expecting about 170 copies of brawl for our first delivery

@ Neos yeah we normally only get about 10 a week so this is huge

Too bad i live in America.Oh well.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Too bad i live in America.Oh well.

Yeah cheap prices on games and consoles. I feel so bad for you ;)

Imthelegend said:

2 days? more like 2 hours.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison