By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Clone War!

Alright so the new Clone Wars game is Nintendo exclusive with the Wii and DS both recieving versions. Now this is a mjor major move as the new Clone Wars movie is coming out this summer. CloneWars:LightSaberDuels exclusively coming to the Wii is a major major deal!

With the CloneWars movie coming out this summer we know that millions of movie going fans are going to want to play the game. StarWars as a series sells millions of copies each game, with a PS3/360 versions absent are we going to see massive sales on the Nintendo Wii/ DS?

I mean last generation when LucasArts decided to ditch the GameCube many fans left Nintendo's side and sales dropped. The series of LucasArts games that came out on X-Box/PS2 like BattleFront 1 and 2 were the most succesful games to date.

So with StarWars:CloneWars appearing exclusively on the Wii will this be a big turning point. Will other companies begin following suit. An exclusive movie game especially StarWars will do wonders for Nintendo. I mean StarWars:RenegadeSquadron actually got its own PSP model. That alone shows the sales potential behind StarWars games.

Will LucasArts move really set a precedance for games to come?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

God, i hope it sells well. This is big, indeed...

i want to see Battlefront 3 on the Wii
anyone know anything about it??

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

i hope it sells also, which i think it will

starwars+wii mote=$$$

its a fighting game right? at least thats the vibe I got from the trailer.

O-D-C said:
its a fighting game right? at least thats the vibe I got from the trailer.
Thats waht I though too, but I hope not. It'll be a rip off if it is. Need an adventure mode.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
aiden.cronus said:
God, i hope it sells well. This is big, indeed...

i want to see Battlefront 3 on the Wii

anyone know anything about it??

QFT

I'm a tad concerned by the fact that LucasArts is turning third party, canning its internal development teams. Rebbelion didn't do the greatest job with Renegade Squadron I really hope that LucasArts can deliver a new BattleFront without its internal studios.

If the new CloneWars game is successful I could see many more exclusives come our way on Wii. LucasArts has traditionally given exclusive support to specific platforms. I hope this could lead the way to more exclusives from LucasArts and other publishers. I mean a movie game of StarWars purportions coming exclusively to Wii could turn out amazing.

Then again if it flops that's going to be very very bad for the Wii!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer