By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia Demo Review Thread (and how you can play it)

I thought that it was a decent demo. I liked that no major part of the story was spoiled, and the characters had a decent amount of moves to use in battle. In the demo, my highest combo was 52, against the boss of course because the regular enemies usually died before then.

myspace.com/neorayj

Around the Network

I didn't know this demo was now available; I finally have another reason to use my Japanese Live login. Awesome! I'm going to download right away...

Also, mrstickball, it is your suggestion that the actual game of Blue Dragon is far superior to the demo, is that correct?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

mrstickball said:
Riachu said:
I will see if the demo goes on to the American marketplace before I download it.

Why not grab the Japanese demo? If you have a US Xbox 360, and download the Japanese demo...You wind up getting the American version of ToV. Everything's in english, with english VA (so it's 100% the same thing you'll get if you wait).

Anyway, I can't compare ToA or ToS to ToV...Only ToL (I enjoyed ToL, but ToV is a bit better in most every regard thus far).

However, from what I've read on other forums, most are saying that the combat system is very similar to ToA, and as far as I know, ToA had the best battle system...Which is a good thing :)

My bro's account is American so I would prefer if I waited until it was relesed on the American marketplace

Ahh, there's a Raiden Fighters Aces demo on the Japanese Marketplace as well! DO WANT!

Hates Nomura.

Hmm... perhaps I'm not the target audience for this game, but I did not enjoy that demo at all. Generic designs, worthless dialogue, painful voice acting, bland environments... I'm certainly less interested now than I was before.

The Raiden Fighters Aces demo, however, was fantastic. If only someone would release that game in North America...

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network

Think I'll just wait for the American demo of this game. Too many hoops to jump through for a game that's not coming out for a few months.

MrStick,

thanks for the guide on how to get a japanese account for Xbox live!

As for the demo, well... this didn't help me to understand what is good about JRPGs. It was like watching a cartoon - the type of cartoons I despised when I was a kid myself.

Anyway, how come the demo didnt have Japanese voice acting?? I mean, it's a JRPG and the demo was released on Japanese XBL.

GooseGaws said:
Hmm... perhaps I'm not the target audience for this game, but I did not enjoy that demo at all. Generic designs, worthless dialogue, painful voice acting, bland environments... I'm certainly less interested now than I was before.

The Raiden Fighters Aces demo, however, was fantastic. If only someone would release that game in North America...

I want the full Raiden Fighters Aces game. A western release would be cool.

I'm too nervous to mess around with my gamertag and profile.

One the demo is released officially in PAL I'll put some impressions up.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

going by the videos gamersyde had I hated the english voice overs ... I hope´for the people who want to buy this game, that japanese voices + englisch subs are available in the full game