By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Infinity Ward giving Call of Duty 6 a sci-fi setting

I am not sure about real Scifi, but a couple of decades in the future would be awesome. They could try to make it as realistic as possible and put in all the technology that is experimental at the moment. Add some nice politic predictions and it could be awesome.

Around the Network

This should be interesting, I wouldn't like it though.

Soriku said:
erikers said:
What a mediocre title to the story. There isn't even a Call Of Duty 5. The new call of duty is called Call of Duty: World at War. They could at least make an effort to use the correct information.

Uh...CoD: WaW IS CoD5. They just happened to use a subtitle. They do that for games sometimes.

@Okey

lol no. CoD is boring.

Uh no, the trailer just came out yesterday, the game is called Call of duty world at war. At least have some kind of knowledge if you're going to post a condescending response talking down to me. Ever heard of games like Call of Duty Big Red One, Call of Duty Finest Hour? Activision has been known to make spin offs for this series with treyarch and not have them count in the main series.  I suppose you think Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero:  Aerosmith are part of the main Guitar Hero series too don't you?

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare uses a subtitle with the main series, this one doesn't. Get your facts straight.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
Soriku said:
erikers said:
What a mediocre title to the story. There isn't even a Call Of Duty 5. The new call of duty is called Call of Duty: World at War. They could at least make an effort to use the correct information.

Uh...CoD: WaW IS CoD5. They just happened to use a subtitle. They do that for games sometimes.

@Okey

lol no. CoD is boring.

Uh no, the trailer just came out yesterday, the game is called Call of duty world at war. At least have some kind of knowledge if you're going to post a condescending response talking down to me. Ever heard of games like Call of Duty Big Red One, Call of Duty Finest Hour? Activision has been known to make spin offs for this series with treyarch and not have them count in the main series.  I suppose you think Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero:  Aerosmith are part of the main Guitar Hero series too don't you?

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare uses a subtitle with the main series, this one doesn't. Get your facts straight.

Maybe you should get YOUR facts straight. Activision referred to it as Call of Duty 5.

Now, the rumors floating around is that they're going to drop the '5' and that Infinity Ward titles will only be numbered. But that doesn't change the fact that this game was born and intented to be CoD5.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Call Of Duty 6: Paramilitary. I want to kill republicans and loyalists in Northern Ireland!!!!!

It would be awesome. You could have loads of terrorist organisations!!! IRA, real IRA, Provisional IRA, INLA, UDA, UVF, LVF, RUC, British Army. Everyones the bad guy. ROCK ON!!!!

Yes

Around the Network

i don't care with where they set it.

Heck they can do another WW2 game if they want as long as it's good. (Hope not though!)

Blacksaber said:
Zucas said:
It's hard to find any kind of shooter that hasn't been overused. I mean apocalyptic, sci fi, WW2, Modern War, Vietnam War, Aliens, ect have all been beaten into the ground numerous times. I mean I doubt they have anything else they can do haha. Aside from WW1 or earlier.

The shooter genre simply needs a break.

They can use Arrows instead for the old ones :D

I am VERY Jaded of the FPS Genre, as many of my friends are... They are not AS jaded with the TPS/Tactical shooters. However, With all of the games coming out of the "Shooter" genres, I think that Red Steel 2 could be something good and refreshing (not apocalyptic, sci fi, WW2, Modern War, Vietnam War, Aliens) IF Ubi puts some ACTUAL effort in...

On the funnier side, I don't remember any (American) Civil War Shooter games...

I'd rather have more "Wild West"-style FPS games...

staying with modern warfare would be the way too go

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

modern day shooter best