By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Infinity Ward giving Call of Duty 6 a sci-fi setting

i guess give call of duty 7 an underwater setting and call it a series.

Around the Network

This would be a...good change but I doubt it They'd probably put like aliens and crap in it and make it look like other generic sci-fi shooters.

So what do you want? ANOTHER generic WWII shooter or a sci fi one?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Zucas said:
It's hard to find any kind of shooter that hasn't been overused. I mean apocalyptic, sci fi, WW2, Modern War, Vietnam War, Aliens, ect have all been beaten into the ground numerous times. I mean I doubt they have anything else they can do haha. Aside from WW1 or earlier.

The shooter genre simply needs a break.

I've never seen a Vietnam war game. Someone should make one.

Anyway, Revolutionary War, Civil War, World War I, Korean War, Vietnam War and Gulf War could all be interesting games.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Soriku said:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/21/rumor-infinity-ward-giving-call-of-duty-6-a-sci-fi-setting/

Following the tremendous success of Infinity Ward's well-received Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, fans were generally disappointed to learn that the next installment in the wartime franchise would not only have a different developer, but would also be replacing their M4s with M1s, taking the series back to its World War II roots. If a recently uncovered rumor is credible, we're not entirely sure these same fans would approve of Infinity Ward's plans to throw the bullet-riddled franchise into the DeLorean, gun it to 88, and take it to where they don't need roads.

This rumor (and accompanying clumsy "Back to the Future" reference) finds its origins in a statement from an Infinity Ward insider, who mentioned the company is working on "a sci-fi title", and that further details concerning said title may or may not be made available during E3. It's extremely possible that Infinity Ward would get their hands back on the Call of Duty franchise once Treyarch has had its way with it, but would they really introduce elements of unrealism into such a history-steeped series, or could they be working on an entirely new, space marine-flavored franchise?

---

This would be a...good change but I doubt it They'd probably put like aliens and crap in it and make it look like other generic sci-fi shooters.

Yeah... cause WW2 settings are really more overplayed then the SPACE MARINE setting.

What about a nice Post Apocolyptic FPS haven't seen a good one of those in a while, or a Middleages "FPS" with bows being the main weapon of chouice.

IW already stated that they're going to do a Sci-fi game first--not COD 6.

Around the Network

@ Soriku
Sci-fi seems to becoming more popular of a setting for shooters, thankfully, since there is no set history to follow by creativity can take hold. Also, since its by a quality developer we can assume the game won't be crap.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

what about an FP Rome themed game? where you do hand-to-hand combat and can do different things like shield block, switch out weapons and partake in maneverus like the phalanx or roman tortoise as a roman legionary or greek spearman against many different foes, like barbarians or carthiginias? and then you mix it up a bit and play as an archer for the egyptians or as a war elephant rider, all in First Person

Makes sense. Bush is set to attack Planet Vectar and send us into intergalactary war.

They should start development since the F Bomb is nearly ready to attack.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

what....... is.......... wrong.......... with....... present day?

The idea sounds fine, the fun from CoD4 does not not really depend on when it takes place but the fast arcade style of its online action. As long as they allow you to customize your weapons and have the level system that gives you something to works towards then i don't have a problem.