By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Young Adults Prefer Wii, 45+ Prefer PS3

Despite Nintendo Wii's appeal to a atypical gamer demographics, a new study shows that the console is still most popular with 18-24-year-olds when compared to rival consoles.

Nintendo Wii marketing often shows wrinkled folks playing Wii Bowling in a nursing home, but the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 actually have more appeal among older age groups, Experian Consumer Research has found.

Eighteen- to 24-year-olds played or owned game consoles at the highest rate when compared to older age brackets.

PlayStation 3 was found to be the most popular console for people over 44, besting Xbox 360 and Wii.

Xbox 360 was most popular with 35-44-year-olds.

The study (PowerPoint) can be downloaded here for free.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11045&Itemid=2

I'll have to remember this study next time someone argues that Wii is for kids and senior citizens.

Around the Network

Marketing analysts crack me up. Of course, if that over 45 number is true for PS3 owners, I wonder how the numbers would change if you took out the people who are only using it to play Blu-Ray.

The study is really weird though. What is New Media Respondents?

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Online polls are worthless.

I love conflicting studies with small sample sizes and misinformed participants...

Around the Network

To be quite honest this study is a piece of shit.

I don't believe that. The older folks the prefer PS3 must be using it for blu ray.

This is not true.

I will not believe it.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I will not believe not true pieces of shit.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you