By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS; New series or a Continuation?

Ok,Kojima has already stated that even though he won't be as heavily involved with the next installment,Kojima productions will go ahead with the next Metal Gear game.Ok,i'm wondering if you guys think that they should introduce an entirely new main character and story,or should they use a character from the main series to continue the Metal Gear Saga.What do y'all think ?^^

Around the Network

They said the the next MGS game would involve Big Boss if I remember correctly

I think they should do a prequel. I hated Snake as an old guy. Every time I crouched he had to clutch his back. It got kinda annoying.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

I actually think that they should do the new Metal Gear Saga in a diffrent universe.I mean as in--a totally diffrent story and characters.

That would be interesting,dont you think.Their is no need to continue the story with the same characters.imo

Riachu said:

I think you're talking about that Ocelot PSP game coming out.I don't think Kojima or his team announced anything other than; that Kojima is thinking about the next Metal Gear game.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Riachu said:

I think you're talking about that Ocelot PSP game coming out.I don't think Kojima or his team announced anything other than; that Kojima is thinking about the next Metal Gear game.

That ocelot PSP game was fake.

But from what I understand a MGS: PO2 will probably show up eventually.

Big Boss died so he cant be in the next mgs

makingmusic476 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Riachu said:

That ocelot PSP game was fake.

But from what I understand a MGS: PO2 will probably show up eventually.

Then it'll probably still be about Ocelot.

ElderScrollsFan said:
Big Boss died so he cant be in the next mgs

What do you think? New series or Continuation?

Metal Gear Solid may be my absolute favorite series ever. Still, after part four, I think the story has been told. Snake's been fighting the good fight for two decades. He really took a pounding in MGS4. I say the story has been told. Let the series rest. Nobody wants to see the guy try to water ski over a shark.