By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game series you used to enjoy, until their was a bad sequel

Sonic the Hedgehog

Around the Network

spyro, tony hawk, crash i liked the first ones, now the new ones are just crap crap crap

I loved Zelda till Wind waker, i found that game utterly revolting, just made me hate the Zelda franchise fortunately Minish Cap and twilight princess restored some faith that The Big N hadn't screwed it up completely and Phantom Hourglass removed the hate and brought back the love.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Donkey Kong. You know why.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

FaRmLaNd said:
master of orion 3 ruined a once proud turn based dynasty that was the equal to the likes of civilisation.

This man speaks the truth. I was giddy with excitement when I first heard about Masters of Orion 3. Slowly information was released though and it kept sounding worse and worse. Eventually they released the sequel to an amazing turn-based, micromanaging focused game that discouraged any form of micromanagement. I nearly cried when I tried to play it.

Other great series that have been ruined for me include Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Super Mario platformers, Blitz (though I haven't tried the latest one), Secret of Mana, Contra (though the first PS2 one was bad ass), Bomberman on and off over the years, Tenchu,  Metroid Prime, and Castlevania on and off over the years.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

FF7 faces the typical "we wanna be different n we hate the leading one" disease from people.

I mean imo it wasn't the best one but I never bash it as it WAS a spectacle in that day.

)________________________

For me its SONIC & NEED FOR SPEED

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I lost a fuck-ton of faith in the final fantasy series with Final Fantasy XII

Brainslug said:
I lost a fuck-ton of faith in the final fantasy series with Final Fantasy XII

FF XII is one of the best FF games. Reviews of FF XII were impressive = AAA game.

Heroes of Might and Magic

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

disolitude said:
Viper1 said:
Top Gear
Turok
Casltevania (console only)
Contra (console only)
Street Fighter (yeah, you heard me)

Crazyness... STF3 is the best one and ALpha is great too. Marvel VS Capcom is great...which one ruied it for you?

Ajax said:

only thing he can say is EX, but that's not in the main series, so it actually can't ruin the series..

It went downhill after Street Fighter 2.  The most sublime fighter of all time.  They screwed up the pacing, attacks, timing and introduced a bunch of unnecessary gameplay elements just because everybody else was putting them in their games.

The rEVOLution is not being televised