By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit causes more shame.

Just a funny story.

My co-worker went to Gamestop in downtown San Francisco on Tuesday to pick up Wii Fit on our way to lunch. I stayed out side with a few of our other co-workers. He came out about 5 minuites later looking pissed off. We asked him what happened and he said;

"When I asked the guy if they had Wii Fit in.

He laughed at me and said, 'Are you kidding?'

I said, 'No.'

The salesguy contined laughing and replied, ' We have been sold out since launch and have no clue when we will get another shipment in.'"

My co-worker left the store after that. He couldn't beleive that the salesperson was so unprofessional as to laugh at a customer. I explained to my co-worker, who is 24, that the salesperson probably thought he was joking with him since Wii Fit is very hard to find right now.

Anyone else have a good story about being disrespected by a Gamestop(or another gaming store) employee?

Around the Network

Since when has a gamestop employee ever been respectful?

Yes as a matter a fact I do.

I went to gamestop and wanted to buy warhawk, so I called them first.

A lady picked up and she said " Hello this is gamestop my name is ... how can I help you" I asked, " Do you guys have WARHAWK" She answered " For the XBOX 360?" I said " No.."

Then I told her, " For the ps3".

She started to laugh.

So then I went and asked for the game, she gave me the receipt and my father had bought it for nearly 70 dollars. My dad said it wasnt 65 it was 70, so then I checked the receipt and guess what?

I had a pre order for the new XBOX 360 ELITE at the time.

I never went to that gamestop again.

mM

wow. Gamestops near my area are good. As for Wii Fit, I dont think its having a good release- too much demand/ low stock.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

Wii Fit in the US has been no stock relative to the marketing effort. I don't think Nintendo could have possibly managed a worse launch for what should have sold at least twice as many units.

I keep expecting to see retailers hit with a flood of units to satisfy initial demand, but at this point it would be impressive if they could even manage consistent mediocre shipments.

Re: Gamestop; I haven't had any bad experiences with them. Their help has always been courteous if not outright friendly and I can't even remember the last time I had a clerk try to pitch me a pre-sale for something I had zero interest in buying.

Around the Network

Wow. Most people game stores over here would never laugh at them. Sure, they might give a weird look, but laughing at them is a bit much. The store person should have tried to sign them up to a pre-order or something.

I don't get no respect