By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I fail to understand Wii Fit

It doesn't sell where I'm at so I don't know anyone who has it yet, and from the people I've talked to that own a Wii I don't know anyone getting it..

I've read a lot about it from this site over the past few months and just failed to understand why fans of the Wii were so excited about this game... It's not anything against the game, I mean if you want to play it have fun.. But I just missed the reason people believe this is going to be such a big seller. I would have thought in America that the fitness part would make it fly off shelves myself, but it hasn't. So what am I missing? Honestly, who has it and plays it to the point where they can recommend this game, and if so why?

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network
Suspense304 said:

It doesn't sell where I'm at so I don't know anyone who has it yet, and from the people I've talked to that own a Wii I don't know anyone getting it..

I've read a lot about it from this site over the past few months and just failed to understand why fans of the Wii were so excited about this game... It's not anything against the game, I mean if you want to play it have fun.. But I just missed the reason people believe this is going to be such a big seller. I would have thought in America that the fitness part would make it fly off shelves myself, but it hasn't. So what am I missing? Honestly, who has it and plays it to the point where they can recommend this game, and if so why?

So, do you live under a rock because it is already a massive seller and it is sold out everywhere ... This thread may have made sense 4 months ago but is silly today.

If everywhere doesn't include where I live I suppose so... Like I said I DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE it's not selling where I am.. I can go to Wal-Mart and look at 4 or 5 of them most nights. I don't know anyone that has it or wants it... So that's why I'm asking here.

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Suspense304 said:

If everywhere doesn't include where I live I suppose so... Like I said I DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE it's not selling where I am.. I can go to Wal-Mart and look at 4 or 5 of them most nights. I don't know anyone that has it or wants it... So that's why I'm asking here.

Are you certain those aren't just display boxes because if they're actually Wii Fit I suggest you start an ebay business and make about $200 to $400 overnight!

Also, it's sold less than a million in the U.S in almost 5 weeks now? I doubt that really puts it on the massive seller list where I am.

Around the Network

Yea well, I maybe should do that....

No I'm sure they are the actual thing, I was there on the release night and they were bought almost instantly.. But since after about a week of them being out they aren't selling anymore.

It's been totally sold out where I am since launch. In fact it's an almost mythical creation since I've never seen one in the flesh. But there was massive advertisement here and they were in the malls demoing it.

Perhaps where you are no one knows about it. It wouldn't appeal to just a regular gamer (unless they want to get in shape).

If I was you, I'd buy them all and slap those suckers on e-bay for some nice $$.

Suspense304 said:
Also, it's sold less than a million in the U.S in almost 5 weeks now? I doubt that really puts it on the massive seller list where I am.

First off it hass only been available for 4 weeks in North America ...

Beyond that it is approaching 5 Million units sold worldwide by following the standward slow and steady pace that led games like Brain Training to hit inimaginable levels.

HappySqurriel said:
Suspense304 said:

First off it hass only been available for 4 weeks in North America ...

Beyond that it is approaching 5 Million units sold worldwide by following the standward slow and steady pace that led games like Brain Training to hit inimaginable levels.

It's also a major supply issue.  I'll never understand why they launched in Europe and NA so closely together because they don't have enough stock to supply both. 

I got it and many people around me want to get it. And im in America... maybe its bc your friends are only teenage range whihc is not the target demographic for this game.

"Like you know"