By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nyko customer service: Epic Win!

I bought a Nyko charge station for my Wii about 6 months ago... (Charger stand, two batteries, and rubberized backs).  It is a great little device and keeps the wiimotes charged and ready to go.  It is one of the best accessories I've purchased.  For some reason, the base stopped charging about a month ago.  I was disappointed as I figured 30 bucks was down the drain....

I emailed Nyko and got a very friendly email back with shipping instructions to return it.  I only sent the base in and kept the battery packs and backs as I didn't figure they wanted those.  I sent it in about a week ago and today, via DHL overnight, they sent me a brand new retail pack.  What's so cool is that I now have spare batteries and backs for my other wiimotes.  That wasn't my intention, but it was cool of them to send me a full retail package given what I sent in.

I don't generally make these kinds of posts, but that, sir, is good customer service, and Nyko deserves a +1.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

That's just the way it should be :) Companies need to be responsible for their products' shortcomings.

PS: In before "Nintendo is evil to have sued them".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Soriku said:
I had the same problem happen to me. That, and 1 of my batteries just suck and 1 of my cases broke. I still haven't sent it in lol. I got my charger last year...not sure if I could still send it in.

Just send it in with a note.  I'd be willing to bet a bucket of cash that they will take care of it promptly.

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I've had mine for half a year and they still work great, saves a lot of batteries.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I thought the Nyko one was the one that could overcharge the batteries (no auto shut-off)

Around the Network

This happened to my flatmates charge station as well....

We never sent it in though. Maybe we should have :(

Yes

TWRoO said:
I thought the Nyko one was the one that could overcharge the batteries (no auto shut-off)

No, when they are charging the light is blue and once its fully charged a green light comes on and its done, its pretty loud when its charging too so you can tell it stops.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Nice. I have a charge station like that and have to agree, it's one of the most useful accessories I've ever purchased. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I just use a run of the mill battery charger. Cheaper and I don't have to worry about my Wiimotes getting fried.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@supermario128 -- are you sure we are talking about the same charger? There are no moving parts and it shouldn't be making ANY noise. Mine is completely silent.

As far as frying Wiimotes, the charger shuts off when it is done charging so there really isn't a risk there that I can tell. I am not a big fan of swapping out batteries so the "drop in the cradle to charge" design works great for my ADD self.

I hate trolls.