By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales demo up on marketplace. 360 JRPG domination continues?

JaggedSac said:
I say we need a Leisure Suit Larry rpg. The Japs would eat that shit up.

What you really want is a demon in a schoolgirl tentacular anal rape game.

Around the Network
Mistershine said:
JaggedSac said:
I say we need a Leisure Suit Larry rpg. The Japs would eat that shit up.

What you really want is a demon in a schoolgirl tentacular anal rape game.

I already played that game.

8.5/10.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I think I'll just wait for the Tales game on the Wii, or just buy the GC one, since this one looks like a dud.

2 questions:

When is the Wii tales game coming out?

What is the Tales game on the GC called?

starcraft said:
sc94597 said:
starcraft said:
sc94597 said:
How is domination continuing? The game has already been announced. Anyway I would also like people in those regions to tell us about it.

So far the Xbox 360 is the only console to get JRPG's worth a look-in (hell, some of them are just plain awesome).

The reason there is a question mark is because I want people who can play the demo to tell us if the domination will continue in the form of another great JRPG.

Oh ok, but I don't agree. The wii is getting a few good ones that qualify as "worth a look-in" and the ps3 is getting final fantasy XIII and Versus, along with WKC. So right now the 360 has more rpgs "worth a look-in". but that doesn't mean the other consoles don't have any. This is without mentioning handhelds.

I repeat.  Right now, the Xbox 360 is DOMINATING JRPG's.  If you feel this will change when FFXIII hits, thats fine.  But lets have that discussion in 2031 when the game finally arrives.

tales is a ok series at best... not one of these is messing with sonys lineup of WKC and ff13 and ff13 vs.... 360 has more but the are "ok" at best not one will match ff13 plus most of these games are coming out on ps3 at a later date so stop kidding yourself.....

the ps3 will never have a lineup that is as impressive as the xbox 360 in the rpg market. lost odyssey a awesome game, blue dragon better than ppl give it, eternal sonata a good game, tales looks like it could be good,infinite undiscovery looks good, star ocean 4 looks very good, last renmant looks interesting. wks looks good but needs more info about it, ff13 looks very good graphically but as for the gameplay looks ok and shiva a bike very stupid idea, ff13 verus looks again very good but needs more info. besides those games nothing else that can even come close to matching the xbox 360's lineup of jrpg's. that is how i feel about this issue.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:

I think I'll just wait for the Tales game on the Wii, or just buy the GC one, since this one looks like a dud.

2 questions:

Tales for Wii comes out in 6 days in Japan (lucky). In the US, IGN has it listed for November. Europe...who knows? But probably a short time after the US release. The GC one is called Tales of Symphonia. The Wii one is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It's a sequel to ToS on the GC so I highly recommend you buy ToS on the GC first.

I wish I lived in Japan.

I think I might buy ToS for the GC on Amazon, since I haven't seen it in my local GameStop.

rocketpig said:

^I've heard that too and I'll believe it when I see it. For something as dialogue and text-heavy as a JRPG, that's a mighty tough goal to accomplish. Japanese, English, French, Spanish, Italian, German... Ugh. I can only imagine the amount of teams it would take to accomplish such a thing.

MGS4 says hi^^

Why is everyone crying that the world is falling on ToV? How many here have actually played the danged thing?

I saw the vids. They look good....I'm not sure what everyone is expecting? A Tales game that isn't a tales game?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:

2 questions:

Tales for Wii comes out in 6 days in Japan (lucky). In the US, IGN has it listed for November. Europe...who knows? But probably a short time after the US release. The GC one is called Tales of Symphonia. The Wii one is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It's a sequel to ToS on the GC so I highly recommend you buy ToS on the GC first.

I wish I lived in Japan.

I think I might buy ToS for the GC on Amazon, since I haven't seen it in my local GameStop.

No "mights". You MUST buy ToS on the GC :P

I just bought it throught the VG Chartz Amazon store. 

Happy?

What the hell? How did this turn into an RPG war? I came in here looking for Vesperia impressions and found like 5 posts about the game and everyone else arguing about "domination."

On topic: I get the feeling that the preview was clueless, the people don't even realize that tri-Ace didn't make Eternal Sonata and the idea of an RPG that isn't turn based completely rocked their 1980's RPG mindset. It sounds a little bit like puzzlement and damage control to me, because they're making some huge judgments based on a demo and are quick to try to dismiss the game in favor of others they haven't even played.

Off topic: The 360 can't "dominate" RPGs when the Wii and the PS3 have maybe 2 to speak of. I'm sure Nitnendo and Sony could be "dominating" that genre too if they bought up half of Japan, but as far as the natural console lifecycle goes they're quite in line when it comes to their RPG influx.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"