By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Anyone here play games on InstantAction?

Just thought I'd ask anyone here if they played on it, and their thoughts and opinions of it.

If you've never been, it's www.instantaction.com (I've seen a few ads here for Fallen Empire: Legions)

At any rate, it's a free, browser-based gaming service kind of like Newgrounds or other flash based gaming sites. Difference is, the gaming quality is closer to a PS2/Xbox game than a cheezy flash game (and far less computer requirements than most newer flash games).

My gamertag there is PandaXpress if anyone wants to add me.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Is it free?

Some of the games look fun, although I have to say I use PC games mostly for simple experiences, online oregon trail, online risk, online scrabble etc.

Newgrounds has some pretty amazing stuff, so if this site grows to that level I'm all for it.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Online risk is it as good as the board game and where do I play.

I remember reading on the site that not everything is "free".

Also,

TheSource said:

Is it free?

Some of the games look fun, although I have to say I use PC games mostly for simple experiences, online oregon trail, online risk, online scrabble etc.

Newgrounds has some pretty amazing stuff, so if this site grows to that level I'm all for it.

It's *mostly* free.

The model they use, for the most part, is that every game has free, and pay-for content for every game.

Some examples:

Marble Blast Online (a souped up version of the Xbox Live Arcade game Marble Blast Ultra) has 30 free Single Player maps (versus the XBLA's demo of 8). Multiplayer games are not time-locked, and you can play against anyone on the service. Upselling mechanism is that you can buy extra maps for 500 IAT each (120IAT to $1 USD rate). You can also buy extra marble skins, and such. So you get a totally free, offline or online playing experience, that is about half of the game.

Rokkitball (their newest game on the service) is entirely multiplayer based. The free version comes with 1 free map. Upselling items are more maps, team jerseys and such.

Other games, like Cyclomite are totally free, and there is no purchasable content on the system. Non-paying users can host games, or join any game.

Sign up and try it...It's free, and there's no bullcrap associated with it like a free trial of the website.

Also, what browser are you attempting to use, Epsilon? They're currently in Beta for the Mac OS and other browsers..

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
TheSource said:

Also, what browser are you attempting to use, Epsilon? They're currently in Beta for the Mac OS and other browsers..

I normally use Seamonkey but I do have firefox installed.  The problem is that they don't support linux yet, for whatever reason.

I'm sure they're working on Linux..Hopefully thats next up once Mac support is done.