By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The DS has passed the GBA in million sellers.

With a total of 50 million sellers, the Nintendo DS has passed the 49 million selling games of the Game Boy Advance. Mostly 1st-party efforts with 3rd-party games peppered throughout, the DS has still managed to exceed the GBA, even while receiving handheld competition from the PSP.

As of now, the DS itself is at 74 million units sold worldwide and will most likely pass the 81 million precedent set by the GBA by the end of  2008 or the beginning of 2009.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Wow, that makes me happy. THe ds is my favorite console/handheld of all time.

No surprise. The demographics of the GBA are clearly shown in which games are million sellers, and the demographic in question probably doesn't buy as many games. The DS has a wider variety for older gamers.

SaviorX said:

With a total of 50 million sellers, the Nintendo DS has passed the 49 million selling games of the Game Boy Advance. Mostly 1st-party efforts with 3rd-party games peppered throughout, the DS has still managed to exceed the GBA, even while receiving handheld competition from the PSP.

As of now, the DS itself is at 74 million units sold worldwide and will most likely pass the 81 million precedent set by the GBA by the end of  2008 or the beginning of 2009.

I think, with the DS's momentum, it'll actually be at 90 million by the end of the year and closing in on 100 million. It sold about 1-2 million in the US alone last December, and remains the only system with nearly undefeatable sales (except for moments when the Wii surpasses it).