By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 11th June Big Annoucement released ?

Like I said Kber, he has a point this time. THis is how pretty much every SOE mmo has gone for me, and I've played almost all of them.

They announce the title, it looks pretty good, the video's look good, the information sounds interesting

Get closer to release, it starts sounding pretty fantastic (well some of them) and things get hyped up.

Beta comes with laggy servers, barely playable, but it still looks good. There are some interesting bits and pieces that everyone wants to explore

Game is released and it either sucks completely right away, with laggy servers, or crashing servers, roll backs and all sorts or problems, or its ok (most of my experience was the former).

After awhile, they get their s**t together and the game is probably pretty fun...then the nerfs start happening.

In general, within the first 3 months, the game is completely different because they've "balanced" gameplay.

At this point, I stopped playing because it wasn't what I was looking for.

Around the Network
kber81 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Ok, name a game made in the past 5 years from SOE that was good?

I wasn't talking about SOE but about SCE in general. For some reason I find your posts the most annoying on this board If something goes wrong or there is only an option for a bad ending you're first to bash... Did something impressed you during last 10 years of Playstation domination?

I did own a PS2 but I am one of those people Sony has gone out of their way to piss off ...

Having to fix my sister's computer because she is one of the few people who actually buys music and she had the misfortune to like one of Sony's artists and got infected with a rootkit. Personally having the misfortune of owning a laptop that had an Exploding Sony Battery and having to jump through hoops to get it replaced. Replacing my PS2 twice because of a "Disc Read Error". Thinking $600 is way too much for a console and being told that I will buy it without any games and "get a second job" to afford it.

I used to be a pretty loyal Sony fan and will not buy anything knowing Sony made it anymore.

HappySqurriel said:

I did own a PS2 but I am one of those people Sony has gone out of their way to piss off ...

Having to fix my sister's computer because she is one of the few people who actually buys music and she had the misfortune to like one of Sony's artists and got infected with a rootkit. Personally having the misfortune of owning a laptop that had an Exploding Sony Battery and having to jump through hoops to get it replaced. Replacing my PS2 twice because of a "Disc Read Error". Thinking $600 is way too much for a console and being told that I will buy it without any games and "get a second job" to afford it.

I used to be a pretty loyal Sony fan and will not buy anything knowing Sony made it anymore.

Actually I was counting for something positive... anyway last statements explains everything.

SOE Seattle, I live 45 minutes north of them. And Bungie. And Nintendo of America.

kber81 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Having to fix my sister's computer because she is one of the few people who actually buys music and she had the misfortune to like one of Sony's artists and got infected with a rootkit. Personally having the misfortune of owning a laptop that had an Exploding Sony Battery and having to jump through hoops to get it replaced. Replacing my PS2 twice because of a "Disc Read Error". Thinking $600 is way too much for a console and being told that I will buy it without any games and "get a second job" to afford it.

Actually I was counting for something positive... anyway last statements explains everything.

it clearly explains he's an intelligent consumer who understands Sony very well.

Is that what you meant? 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Out of curiousity if you are nominating him did you read the post by Fishyjoe right after his he called SOE a hive of scum and villiany all he did was ask what good games SOE has released in the past 5 years and I don't know if he is a consumer looking at Sony after the last few years and noticed things like that its not exactly irrational for him to be wary of their products in the future. Anyways for the game looks good but curious if it does do well what system it would sell better on the PC or the PS3 and if their intial cost would be the same $60.

JDWolf36 said:
Out of curiousity if you are nominating him did you read the post by Fishyjoe right after his he called SOE a hive of scum and villiany all he did was ask what good games SOE has released in the past 5 years

This thread isn't a direct reason for nomination... acutally it just gave me an opportunity to express my feelings toward HappySqurriel in general Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything bad about him. I just think he is totally anti-Sony  no matter what. That's all. Probably he thinks I'm pro-Sony no matter what but I'm not

HappySqurriel said:

When was the last game from SOE that was any good?

Vanguard is a good game.

Anyways the good thing is that Sony is trying to limit monthly fees to special areas, which is way better then the current MMO pay system.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I hope this isn't the big announcement they were talking about. This does look like an awesome game (I interviewed with them at GDC but never heard back ;_;) but this isn't any kind of huge announcement that will make PS3 fans made of smiles and giggles.

It's still early in the day, lets see what happens.

ssj12 said:
HappySqurriel said:

When was the last game from SOE that was any good?

Vanguard is a good game.

Anyways the good thing is that Sony is trying to limit monthly fees to special areas, which is way better then the current MMO pay system.

Is Vanguard your first MMO?

Personally I haven't played it but several people I know describe it as "Everquest but worse" which is a sad statement with how old Everquest is ...