By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is there a way to play my PSP on the PS3?

I was able to get the remote play to work, so that I could play my PS3 through my PSP, but I want to do the opposite, so I can play my PSP games with on the television with a controller.  Is this possible?

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network

The PSP has capability to do straight TV out IIRC.

Depending the capabilities of remote play, you might be able to set the PSP to do the video output and let the PS3's controller do the input.  Not sure about that though.

If you buy the cables, WoW, which are 19$. He could not use the PS3 controlers though. (SLIM model only)

I hope reverse remote play will be a feature someday, just not now.

its there in the rumore FW 5.00 update for PS3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The Slim & Lite version features TV-out via composite or component. The composite connection only allows you to watch movies. The component connection allows you to display games in their native resolution (in other words, they'll be letterboxed), as well as watch movies. Because the PSP displays games in 480p, though, you'll only be able to display games on EDTVs or HDTVs.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

OK, thanks for the info, hopefully it'll get added in a fw update like darth said.

I have a PSP phat, and really like it, but my hands cramp up after playing it for a while, so would be nice to use the controller and view it on a large screen, oh well, I'll just have to wait I guess.

Thanks for the responses.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |