By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - do you think final fantasy×|| will be a ps3 exclusive

Rock_on_2008 said:
FF XIII = best PS3 game to be released.

qft

Around the Network

yes. this will stay exclusive aswell

It should stay exclusive. I'm not sure the future games will because isn't there some deal Sony has that's only good till the next release after this one. For the main series any way.

It will likely sell extremely well, but companies are never content with that. They always want more, unless of course, cost of the action exceeds revenue...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

kingofwale said:
is it me or is topics of late seems a bit shallow and repetition...

Ouch......just ouch....( looks at poor discussion table....)

If you got a problem with it, then post something you believe is better.

Anywho, didn't the past two mainstrays of the Final Fantasy franchise ( FFX and FFXII) sell better in Japan than America?

If that truly is the case, then due to 360 sales in Japan, they won't be releasing the game multiplatform just to get maybe 200,000 more copies out of a 360 port, Plus, with rising game development costs, one would assume that porting the games is also going up in cost. So, they save money and have more resources to put into one title thus making it  a higher quality?

Yeah, I'll say they're staying Exclusive. There really isn't any reason to do so otherwise from a business standpoint.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Around the Network

it will stay exclusive if it would'nt they would of said it won't last year.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Wether we think it'll be exclusive or not we have no idea of the terms of Final Fantasy's exclusivity, so the thread is kinda pointless ( like every other thread that questiosn the exclusivity of games).

But i'd guess yeah.

Square Enix is a pretty good company about showing love to multiple consoles.

The 360 gets Star Ocean and Infinite Undiscovery. The PS3 gets Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3.  The Will gets Final Fantasy CC, and a Kingdom Hearts : Side Game (that will probably link 2 and 3 together, bank on it).

If more companies took this approach we would see less fanboy bickering.  Imagine if DMC IV  was PS3 exclusive,  Lost Planet was 360 exclusive, Viewtiful Joe 3 was Wii exclusive, and RE5 multiplatform.  Sigh...it makes too much sense.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

@Parrot
How would exclusives make it better? Wouldn't it equal more fanboyism as people will try and argue their games are superior and put down others?

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)