By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would it take for Nintendo to win E3?

How dumb, banning users for having a point of view that differs from others. Life would be so boring if we all had the same views.

Around the Network

Nintendo's E3... Ok, well... E3 isn't as big as it used to be, but still! I'm going te stop being conservative in my guesses;

DS:

-Metroid Dread.

-New Super Mario Bros 2.

-New Castlevania game.

-Dragon Quest 9 short showcasing (main showcasing will be at TGS08).

-Pokémon Platinum?!

Wii:

-They need to put some 3rd party games (high-profile) in their show.

Amongst those will be; Fatal Frame 4, Red Steel 2, New Capcom IP (not the one that was recently announced), final fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles and Sonic Unleashed.

-Nintendo will announce that they are working on the next Zelda, a short trailer will be shown (similar to TP announcement back in 2004). The game will be totally different from other Zelda's.

-Pikmin 3 in the works. Coming this year.

-Official Nintendo SD-cards up to 2Gb to solve the capacity problem (these SD-cards can be accesed by the Wii using a firmware-update, also USB-ports open up).

-Kid Icarus in the works. Done by Factor 5 (obviously). Eehrm, spring 2009.

-Red Steel 2; not this year. Handed over to Free Radical.

-Another Free Radical game coming to Wii (not Timesplitters 4, might be inspired on the series though).

-Monster Hunter 3 will be named, progressing rather well. Main showcasing again, on TGS08.

-Upping the output of Wii's in factories.

-Excusing for WiiFit shortages, more should be arriving soon.

-Wii Music!

-Disaster; Day of Crisis trailer and late 08 begin 09 releasdate.

-Something with Resident and Evil in the name coming (not RE5 obviously, but something else). Will run on a finetuned and slightly upgraded RE4-engine. (Totally new game in the series, sort of a spin-off but can be considered a full grown game in the series).

EDIT: Majora's Mask for VC!

THE NETHERLANDS

to a blind nintendo fanboy; anything involving mario, even if it looks like ass.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
to a blind nintendo fanboy; anything involving mario, even if it looks like ass.

uehmm... I don't think thats the case. You don't see Nintendo fans going crazy over mario baseball for Wii... SMG2, though, would casue alot of excietment.

Firstly, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but don't expect to see a new Zelda in any form. Nintendo stated a few months back that "we are not working on or planning any new Zelda title." Just give it up. Also, there is no Metroid Dread--another thing flatly revealed by Nintendo.

Nintendo can (and likely will, anyway) win E3 especially if they bring the following:

*Announcement of an external storage solution.
*Solid, in-depth showing of Fatal Frame IV, Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Animal Crossing (all of which I fully expect to see)
*For 3rd party companies to finally reveal all those exclusive projects they've been working on for the Wii and DS
*Square-Enix to reveal an exclusive new non-FF/FF:CC Wii title
*Nintendo to reveal new titles from at least three to five of the following for Wii:
--Kirby (almost guaranteed)
--Kid Icarus (very likely)
--Punch-Out (not unexpected)
--Pikmin (possible)
--StarFox
--F-Zero
--Wave Race
--Pilotwings (somewhat likely)
--New IP #1
--New IP #2
--Project HAMMER revival
*If Red Steel 2 is head and shoulders above it's mediocre predecessor.
*Tons of new info on The Conduit & MadWorld
*At least 2-4 RPG's of some kind.

Around the Network

A 2D Metroid game for the DS and Kid Icarus for Wii.

Make it happen, Nintendo.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Luigis mansion 2!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Luigis mansion 2!!!

My wife would love that. Me, not so much. The game was alright but nothing special in my eyes.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
colonelstubbs said:
Luigis mansion 2!!!

My wife would love that. Me, not so much. The game was alright but nothing special in my eyes.

Seriously though, I think woman only like that game. lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

It's an interesting question considering many among us said they "lost" last year's E3 by focusing so much on Wii Fit (on which they spent about 60% of their presentation). Sure maybe many of us immediately knew it would sell a bajillion copies, but I know i heard plenty of gamers initially griping and complaining that Nintendo lost a lot of respect to them.

If I recall from watching the Keynote streamed online last year, other than the Balance Board and Fitness software, N's big announcements included Mariokart wii announced, Galaxy's & Smash's release date, the Wii Zapper, and--surprisingly--they announced EA's Medal of Honor Heroes 2 as well.

This year I expect the following:
Kid Icarus is a lock (the rumors of this game have been too strong for NOTHING to be shown)

Either Pikman or A.C. or both.

Either Starfox or F-Zero.

A big 3rd party game will be featured--I'm betting on a Factor 5 title...
At least one game (be it one of the above or an as of yet unannounced title) will feature balance board support)

There will of course be some blue ocean talk as well, but none of it will be on the scale that Wii Fit was last year. Wii Music will probably make a showing. As for new casual I.P.s it's a bit harder to predict what they will be from a gamer's p.o.v., but if i had to guess...

Wii Paint FTW.