By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ys, Is it deserving of a next Gen sequel?

I first played Ys book I and II for the TG-16. It still is one heck of a game.

here is a link of YS the ark of Napishtim, does anyone else like the YS series???

I think they are a load of fun and worthy of a nex t Gen release anyone agree??

Will they release this in the us? or is it already, i cant seem to find anything on it, this is a good example of a game that has aged great with time instead of making everything 3d/1st or third person , it sticks to the roots in which it was made popular

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPzy0-jMv2g

Around the Network

It is out in the US i've played it and the game ROCKS!

I played this one and I loved it but I had it on Super Nintendo. Great Game and I do think they should redo it.

This is how it looked on Super Nintendo

but I just found out they remade it on PC years later and it looks like this

I played through Ys Books I & II on the Turbografx-CD back in the day and thoroughly enjoyed it. The story worked well and the action was constant, even though the game design was extremely linear compared to today's approach.

The one thing I never liked about Ys was the "collide to attack" mechanic -- it worked acceptably in 2-D (much better than in the SNES Ys-inspired RPG Lagoon) but I think it would be completely unworkable in full 3-D. You'd have to go with a different type of combat to make it work, or carefully restrict the camera and movement to a 2-D style of movement. Maybe that's what's going on in the screenshots you provided, it's hard to tell.