By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Starts Aggresive XOX 360 Ad Campaign

I'm seeing the WiiFit one almost daily... And that's just when I walk by my parent's TV... I don't watch much TV...

Around the Network

I wouldn't call it aggressive advertising... just... advertising.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

They are gonna do like last year and pricedrop for Madden. Supposedly they are already making a profit on the console and august/september is when the jaspers start rolling in, reducing further the cost of the unit.

From now on until the end of the gen both sony and ms will make conservative choices like that one, they know they won't be leaders and need to replenish the coffins.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

the last gaming related commerical i saw was for xxx tricky, what the fuck is wrong with norwegian television?

FilaBrasileiro said:
If you watch the UFC and MMA in general as much as I do, you'd notice Microsoft has been advertising forever for the male 18-35 range. Even in the old Pride in Japan there were Microsoft ads there.

Aye. I was watching UFC the other night and saw the NG2 and DBZ commercial about 100 times.

But someone was asking why MS would advertise to the demographic they already appeal to...it's because they do appeal so well to that demographic. MS won't have too much luck running 360 commercials during 60 Minutes.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

I think their continued focus on this core demographic is just handing this generation to Nintendo.

For a start they must be looking at diminishing returns from this demographic vs those who've already got a 360.

Then there's the fact that right now Wii is just walking away with the family/casual demographic and MS is doing nothing effective to even try and compete. A few casual games isn't going to cut it IMHO - they need a sustained campaign targeting other demographics that their core one.

I'm beginning to think MS has already internally conceded defeat in terms of console sales to Nintendo and perhaps even that they will end up behind PS3 WW and are instead focusing on just entrenching around their core US demographic as the launch platform for their next console - not that there's anything wrong with that. It's already clear they've done much better with 360 than Xbox and should be in a better position when its all change around 2012 or so.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

masterb8tr said:
the last gaming related commerical i saw was for xxx tricky, what the fuck is wrong with norwegian television?

XXX: Tricky? WTF? Do you mean SSX: Tricky? cause otherwise, I would think Nintendo would be Highly concerned over such a "suggestive" title getting onto their GameCube...

ROFL @ typos

The only 360 specific ads I see lately are for GTA4.  There were a lot of Ninja Gaiden II ads, but those seem to have stopped.  Lots of DS ads, BF: Bad Company (PS3 specific) ads, and the PS3 ad where it shows GT5:P, LBP, and MGS4 (or) MLB 08.

You should expect this considering PS3 has outsold 360 every week this year (except for one perhaps). Yikes take a look at PS3 vs. 360 last week. That's not even funny. M$ should stop pumping money into ads and give that back to their fans by making XBL free.

With the news released from Sony that it's losing riddiculous amounts of money on the PS3 and might not achieve back profitability on the console, price cuts for it are almost certianly not going to happen in the near future. MS needs to pounce on the opportunity and cut prices in the US, and look at some Sony like Promos for others...free game and etc.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder