By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is it like for other wii owners not sure of upcoming 1st party titles?

I have a wii and i think its great.So far I only really played Zelda, Brawl and Galaxy, seriously and they were all phenomenal. But Nintendo has released so many heavy hitters already, whats it like wondering what they have for the second half of the year. I know Nintendo says it will announce some high impact games at E3 and i believe them. But for now there are no guarantees. So what is it like for you personally unsure of 1st party games in the immediate future?

Again i'm positive Ninty will announce some good stuff  at E3, just curious as to how everyone else is feeling.

Though a new Mario Party is all but assured.

Around the Network

Meh ...

I know from their track record that there will be at least a couple really amazing games to play in the second half of the year, and honestly I don't care what they are as long as they're enjoyable.

I'm never worried about Nintendo's future releases. I'm sometimes worried about when their releases will be because they will delay release dates if the title isn't up to snuff.

I don't think you need to doubt Nintendo at this point.

Well.....we're all holding our breath for E3.

The general consensus is that since Nintendo have been so mum on forthcoming 1st party games that they must have loads of stuff planneed for an official unveling at the Expo.

Generally it is expected that Nintendo will show Kid Icarus, Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing Wii, and announce a new Zelda.

Of course they could just turn around and announce WiiMusic, new Balance Board titles, and unveil a new ds redesign and leave the hardcore out in the cold.

I believe that the second half of the year will be active but not as much as the first half. See MKWii, Brawl, and Wii Fit made Nintendo stand out.

Currently, I am not sure what Nintendo has in store for us, but for me, Im busy with Brawl and MKWii.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

Around the Network

- My Pikmins are shivering in anticipation.

- Maybe the games are really to blame.

- A new game will remove the cause but not the symptom.

I reckon we'll see plenty and I think MK Wii / SSBB were released early to test the online components ready for some MMO's at the end of the year. Here's looking at Animal Crossing with Wiiconnect 24, Pikmin 3 for Wii and DS (different versions), Kirby, Kid Icarus, Disaster, Revised Project Hammer (I reckon it'll get salvaged and look completley different), New Zelda, 1080 Wiivalanche, storage solution and Wii Music.

I'm not worried about it. I'm sure they'll announce the rest of the years line-up at E3 and there will be a selection of fine games. Of the ones we already know of but aren't officially confirmed yet (for NA) that I'm looking forward to there's only Kirby and Fatal Frame. Maybe Wii Music.

At this point I'm more interested in what 3rd party games will be announced.

I'm eager to find out what's next. Nintendo's strategy is very different from Sony or MS. Sony was hyping KZ2 at E3 05 and it won't come out for several months after E3 08.

Nintendo on the other hand hyped WiiFit and MK Wii last year and both are already released. So at this point I don't know what I'll be enjoying later this year but at least I know whatever they end up showing will probably be released later this year or early next year.

Besides, the wii is getting some better third party support (far from perfect but is better), my library of games now is 60% third - 40% first, you can't count out some 3rd party tittles.

Don't forget:
-The Force Unleash
-Tenchu 4
-Fatal Frame 4
-Tales of Symponia
-Sam & Max
and others