By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you think metal gear solid will stay ps3 exclusive?

sieanr said:
You know, its funny that you guys keep arguing this point against me when you own the game, and just spending a couple of minuets watching certain cutscenes will prove that they're not real time.

Play the cutscene at the end of Act 3 and look at the sky. You'll see tons of macroblocking. If that doesn't do it for you, then watch the cutscene at the end of Act 4. Again the macroblocking and posterizing will be most noticeable in the sky.

But I'm sure you'll keep claiming that everything is real time and 60fps. Speaking of which, do you still think that the egg scenes are in-game Leo-j?

I think you will need to explain what is macroblocking first....

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroblock

This is a non-technical term used when macroblocks are missing and show up as video errors. Square areas of the picture do not show the correct portion of the image, but instead show a single color block. Advanced decoders hide these types of errors with a technique called error concealment. This effect is also referred to as microblocking.

Notice the square areas (i.e. blocks) in the circled area. You can also see the same thing above the building (but for that, do right click+view image if the image is too big in the thread page).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posterization

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Given the time and resources it would take to port MGS4 (which would be more of a restructural programming approach rather than port). I don't think Konami/KojimaPro would see enough profit in bringing this game to the 360/PC by the time it's final, especially since they have a deal in place with Sony for some sort of exclusivity. IMO, it's either 6 month away or never, and i doubt a 360 version of MGS4 would be done in little as 6 months.

sieanr said:
You know, its funny that you guys keep arguing this point against me when you own the game, and just spending a couple of minuets watching certain cutscenes will prove that they're not real time.

Play the cutscene at the end of Act 3 and look at the sky. You'll see tons of macroblocking. If that doesn't do it for you, then watch the cutscene at the end of Act 4. Again the macroblocking and posterizing will be most noticeable in the sky.

But I'm sure you'll keep claiming that everything is real time and 60fps. Speaking of which, do you still think that the egg scenes are in-game Leo-j?

Well after playing and beating it to me it seems that some and some are not, but the transitions are very good no less. We already know that the game is running at sub HD non-true widescreen and being stretched. We also pretty much know that there are a few spots of 60fps but more often than not 30fps.

Never will touch 360. Read the loading screens haha.

Around the Network
Jtyettis said:
sieanr said:

Well after playing and beating it to me it seems that some and some are not, but the transitions are very good no less. We already know that the game is running at sub HD non-true widescreen and being stretched. We also pretty much know that there are a few spots of 60fps but more often than not 30fps.

Don't get me wrong here, but I do know that some cutscenes are real time. In fact what you've stated is pretty much what I've been arguing. I have noticed that it can hit around 60fps inside buildings and looking at corners, and it usually only dips below 30fps when you get tons of action on screen. Overall I'm completely satisfied with the games frame-rate and graphics, but I just can't stand certain posters who have no idea what they're talking about.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

leo-j said:
Honestly sieaner can you stop spreadiing such bull $hit?

Its as if you bought the game to hate on it as much as possible.

I have to agree.  I seen him posting about mgs4???  an xbot posting as if he has the game:/  anyways, I cannot see if being ported. As many have already posted - it has way to many references to Sony and PS.  Man look at the bonus LE disc (BD) it has alot of talk about Sony and the playstation. Lets not forget that Sony is behind the Metal gear Movie.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

NJ5 said:

This is a non-technical term used when macroblocks are missing and show up as video errors. Square areas of the picture do not show the correct portion of the image, but instead show a single color block. Advanced decoders hide these types of errors with a technique called error concealment. This effect is also referred to as microblocking.

Notice the square areas (i.e. blocks) in the circled area. You can also see the same thing above the building (but for that, do right click+view image if the image is too big in the thread page).

Is that with Zoom on???  I think it's stupid picking on a game for its gfx when it's better than any console game out there. It's just another picky troll from Senile who doesn't have th game and uses internet pictures and stories/ideas from others.  Who the Fk cares about the macroblocks?  I mean only a few people know that shit.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

It will be ported to nintendo's next console in 2012

finalsquall said:
NJ5 said:

Is that with Zoom on???  I think it's stupid picking on a game for its gfx when it's better than any console game out there. It's just another picky troll from Senile who doesn't have th game and uses internet pictures and stories/ideas from others.  Who the Fk cares about the macroblocks?  I mean only a few people know that shit.

Internet pictures?

I took that myself last night. Zoom isn't on, its exactly what the game presents. 

This isn't about knocking the games graphics, its about people who make claims that are false.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"