By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Amazing New Sonic Unleashed (xbox 360) Trailer- game looks AAA!

You people are silly. Sonic at those speeds is a blast to play... but if any of you were playing it at those speeds you'd hit spikes and die every 30 seconds.

It takes skill to play like that...which is why it was most likely a computer playing it. Just like when you watch Ninja Gaiden 2 tech demos...and you see the player destroying everything in his path without getting hit... do you play like that when you play NG2? I didn't think so...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
You people are silly. Sonic at those speeds is a blast to play... but if any of you were playing it at those speeds you'd hit spikes and die every 30 seconds.

It takes skill to play like that...which is why it was most likely a computer playing it. Just like when you watch Ninja Gaiden 2 tech demos...and you see the player destroying everything in his path without getting hit... do you play like that when you play NG2? I didn't think so...

I have though for a long time 2.5D sonic would work quite well. It reminds me of NiGHTS a little bit; its sort of looks like a single player high speed racer. If you play the game right, it rushed by and looks fnatastic. If you can't wall jump perfectly and dodge those spikes perfectly and leap from rail to rail with the right timing you might still be able to beat the level, but the game won't look as fantastic. Thus Sonic Unleashed might have great replay value.

wow, graphically Sonic Unleashed look awesome. its to bad the game will flop in sales.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Sega has finally figured out how to make a good Sonic game.
Make sure that you don't actually play the game, and it can get reviewed on how good it looks.

I dont know why you guys are saying the graphics are impressive..

Anyhow I like the style of the gameplay, lets hope its like the 2D sonic games gameplay wise.

There should be a demo on the PSN/XBLA soon.

mM
Around the Network

honest to God, I've been a Sonic fan since 1992, and I really really really want to like this game, but it doesn't look good. This isn't the old Sonic. The old sonic games were platforming games with creative level design. From this video I gather that unleashed lacks both of these aspects.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

My good lord didn't any of you play Sonic and the Secret Rings? This is exactly that adapted for HD, I don't see anything more than that.

That's not exactly a bad thing because it wasn't by all means a bad game, but it certainly wasn't brilliant either. If Sega loses any kind of story, loses the appauling soundtrack and keeps the RPG elements then this may just improve on what Secret Rings effed up. So far, this trailer shows that it will NOT be a AAA title but then who really honestly thought it would be?

It's Sonic. Nuff said.

My bad: double post!

MrMarc said:

My good lord didn't any of you play Sonic and the Secret Rings? This is exactly that adapted for HD, I don't see anything more than that.

That's not exactly a bad thing because it wasn't by all means a bad game, but it certainly wasn't brilliant either. If Sega loses any kind of story, loses the appauling soundtrack and keeps the RPG elements then this may just improve on what Secret Rings effed up. So far, this trailer shows that it will NOT be a AAA title but then who really honestly thought it would be?

It's Sonic. Nuff said.

the "rpg elements" were actually one of the worst parts of game.  Having to "buy" acceptable controls was a bad idea.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

this game looks great but it doesnt look as if you get to control sonic properly, all i saw was pressing buttons to dodge obstacles.

Hopefully this was just a segment of a level.