By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Amazing New Sonic Unleashed (xbox 360) Trailer- game looks AAA!

Im pretty sold on this. And the DS rpg game. Nice one sega.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

I need to fall back in love with sonic the last time I loved sonic was SA1 for the Dreamcast then it went down hill this is your time Sonic!

Former something....

WOW, nice Sega. Going back to the old school sonic, if it turns out to play as good as that looked then I'll definitely have to buy this.

disolitude said:
I suggest we ignore KingofWale's post here and keep up with positivity and small hype that this new trailer has brought us...old school sonic fans. :)

I agree. The game doesn't play you at any time; do movies play you? Does MGS4 play you for 50 minutes with its cut scene? No! Its an action set piece in a sonic game! All good sonic games have these. Sonic CD has the gaint loop with the 3d wheel and the up and down zig zag thing, Sonic 1 for Genesis has the speed ramp followed by the loop de loop, and has the long windy tunnel that leads to that gaint pile of rings in the first stage. Sonic Advenutre has the famous whale scene in the first level (imo the best level in a decent sonic game)

Nothing wrong with flying on rails at mach speed while you briefly gaze at a beautifully rendered European city...

If the controls are right then its cool, I personally think this would fair better as a PSN game with sixaxis controls, but thats just me.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
If the controls are right then its cool, I personally think this would fair better as a PSN game with sixaxis controls, but thats just me.

The PS3 and 360 versions are pretty much the same. The trailer is the 360 version though.

@Hawk

Yea i know, but even though it is impressive we have yet to see a sonic game in 3d be any good.

I just thought it would be cool for it not to be 60buks, and use sixaxis control on the PS3.

mM

Graphics are ok, gameplay looks boring. Unless people enjoy context sensitive button pressing and haven't played any of the large amount of terrible Sonic games, I'm suprised there's hype for this.

@kingofwhale
I could have sworn people were always moaning that 3d Sonic was too slow....

i prefer a little more depth than running on a track grabbing rings

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur