By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Amazing New Sonic Unleashed (xbox 360) Trailer- game looks AAA!

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14242719/sonic-unleashed/videos/sonic_unleased_trailer_061608.html

This game looks absolutly sick. Last fall, SMG nailed the feel of SMB3 while taking the slow down a bit and explore elemnts from super mario world. It looks like Sonic Unleashed may have completly nailed down the feel of the original Sonic the Hedghog. This is the kinda of Sonic game I have been hoping Sega would make for years. With Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games being a huge sucess, and Sonic Appearing in brawl, and the potential greatness of both Sonic Chronicles and Sonic unleashed, as well as the revival of Golden Axe, it's looking like Sega may make a comeback in a big way!

Around the Network

That does look nice.

Tthis looks amazing...but Golden axe unfortunately doesn't. Atleast I can count on one good sega title this year...2 actually cause condemned 2 was kickass.

disolitude said:
Tthis looks amazing...but Golden axe unfortunately doesn't. Atleast I can count on one good sega title this year...2 actually cause condemned 2 was kickass.

Yeah, this game looks hard to screw up. The WORST score average I could possibly see it getting it 6.5-7/10

And the only way they could do that is if they had frequent, long boring loading times, and had a 50/50 split between those sweet sonic stages and boring terrible buggy werewolf melee exploration stages, (we don't know what the werwof stages will be like, thats a worst case scenario) a horrible story, and terrible multiplayer. I think it'll get between an 85% to 90% average- the werewolf stages will drag down a phenominal game.

Hmmm... does it make me a bad gamer if I feel some kind of hype for a Sega/Sonic game? >_>

It seems they've been working a lot on that game, the difference between the first screens and this is epic.

Around the Network

Every Sonic/Shadow game since Sega became a third party publisher has Looked Good before it was released ...

I'm not getting hyped unless it starts getting great reviews.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

HappySqurriel said:

Every Sonic/Shadow game since Sega became a third party publisher has Looked Good before it was released ...

IMO Sonic advenutre DX and Sonic Heroes looked like crap. I liked DX, and Heroes is my least favorite sonic game I have ever played, by far....

AAA??? Are you kidding me?

Half of the time it looks more like the game is playing you. the camera definitely is not helping at something that moves that fast.

Exactly why most (if not all) 3D Sonic game failed.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I suggest we ignore KingofWale's post here and keep up with positivity and small hype that this new trailer has brought us...old school sonic fans. :)