By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to Unveil 'Core' Titles at E3/Traditional fan base to be honoured with new games.

Nintendo to Unveil 'Core' Titles at E3

Traditional fan base to be honoured with new games.

UK, June 17, 2008 - Nintendo could be unveiling several games for the Wii that will appear to its core fan base at this year's E3, according to comments from a company spokesperson.

Marc Franklin, director of public relations at Nintendo, told GamePro "…we will be announcing several new titles that core gamers will be interested in around the time of E3."

Sure to whip the flames of internet speculation into a veritable inferno, there are no precise details on what the titles may be, though a return to a classic franchise could possibly take the shape of the much rumoured Kid Icarus retread or a truly bespoke new Zelda adventure for the Wii - but don't shoot us if it's neither.

Franklin alluded to the console's fan base, telling GamePro that "The clear majority of people waiting in line outside retailers on Sunday mornings to buy their Wii consoles are core gamers."

The recent release of Okami for the Wii, as well as the unveiling of the Frank Miller tinged Mad World from Sega and Platinum Games also suggest a shift in publisher's attitudes to the system, with Franklin noting that "They realize that Wii is the current platform of choice in this generation, and their bottom lines depend on appealing to the largest base."

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/882/882256p1.html

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

There is already a thread like this. Try searching for it before making a new one

This article was made today so I gathered it was news.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:

Nintendo to Unveil 'Core' Titles at E3

Traditional fan base to be honoured with new games.

UK, June 17, 2008 - Nintendo could be unveiling several games for the Wii that will appear to its core fan base at this year's E3, according to comments from a company spokesperson.

Marc Franklin, director of public relations at Nintendo, told GamePro "…we will be announcing several new titles that core gamers will be interested in around the time of E3."

Sure to whip the flames of internet speculation into a veritable inferno, there are no precise details on what the titles may be, though a return to a classic franchise could possibly take the shape of the much rumoured Kid Icarus retread or a truly bespoke new Zelda adventure for the Wii - but don't shoot us if it's neither.

Franklin alluded to the console's fan base, telling GamePro that "The clear majority of people waiting in line outside retailers on Sunday mornings to buy their Wii consoles are core gamers."

The recent release of Okami for the Wii, as well as the unveiling of the Frank Miller tinged Mad World from Sega and Platinum Games also suggest a shift in publisher's attitudes to the system, with Franklin noting that "They realize that Wii is the current platform of choice in this generation, and their bottom lines depend on appealing to the largest base."

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/882/882256p1.html

I find that particular coment very interesting and see it as a possible change in the wind towards the Wii.