By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 2 What a Game...

eNamrah said:

NJ5, what chapter are you on?

Because regarding your second point, in chapter 10 there's a moment where I honestly thought my 360 was going to RRoD. The game really struggles when going up a set of long stairs while fighting what seems to be 250 ninjas. Although it might be a good thing (and maybe even intentional? doubtful.) because the slowdown gives you a bit of an advantage. I don't think it'd be possible to get through that fight with the frame rate not dropping.

And, yes, the soundtrack is better than in the previous games. Most reviews I saw didn't highly rate the game's sound, but that was probably due to the pathetic English voice-overs. Word to the wise: play the game with the Japanese audio w/subtitles. A far better experience.

I haven't gotten to that point yet but one of my friends who's going back and getting the weapon achievements had a save point there.  When I came over he showed me that part and it was absolutely ridiculous.  So many ninjas coming down those stairs at once.  I'm wondering myself it was somewhat intentional too because I'm at chapter 6 now and haven't gotten to a point that is even 1/10th of the number of baddies on screen.  Either way it was pretty funny and I'm enjoying the game a lot so far.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
eNamrah said:

NJ5, what chapter are you on?

Because regarding your second point, in chapter 10 there's a moment where I honestly thought my 360 was going to RRoD. The game really struggles when going up a set of long stairs while fighting what seems to be 250 ninjas. Although it might be a good thing (and maybe even intentional? doubtful.) because the slowdown gives you a bit of an advantage. I don't think it'd be possible to get through that fight with the frame rate not dropping.

And, yes, the soundtrack is better than in the previous games. Most reviews I saw didn't highly rate the game's sound, but that was probably due to the pathetic English voice-overs. Word to the wise: play the game with the Japanese audio w/subtitles. A far better experience.

No I'm not there yet. I gotta see that, sounds hilarious!

I'll try listening to it in Japanese too.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

^^^ That was the first thing I did. The english dubbing is horrible.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

This game should be in the mail when I get home. I'm curious to check it out.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Just bought the game yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far, I'm only on chapter 3 but so far I'm having fun.

Around the Network

I played 5 mins of NG2 at a store the other day.... Didn't like it, and i found it excessively gore.
(why does every hit I make has to slice off an arm or a head? I mean if you want to be that realistic (well blades do this) then make it do the same to the player.... then the game would last 20 sec).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I don't enjoy it much,I only play it for about five hours and I have to say that I'll prefer DMC4,even Ninja Gaiden Sigma,my main complaint?The camera,is very bad,and frustrate the gaming experience for me,in an overall perspective the game is not bad,it's a solid title but not much original and the story is dumb.

Anyway,for me NG2 is a good game but can make you mad (my case) if you need a good camera,for me is the same as many sites reviews: 8/10

NG 2 is alright but nothing special , you remind me of my lil brother who tries to use reverse psycology on me when he gets the crappier version of the same thing " aw this icecream rocks look at the colours on that ..." .

I've only played Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, DMC 1, DMC 4 demo and God of War 1. And Ninja Gaiden is hands down the better hack and slash than the other 2 series. The only problem I had with the games was the horrible camera. Don't kid yourselves guys, the camera is terrible, at least in Black and Sigma. Haven't had a chance to try out Ninja Gaiden 2, but from what I've read in reviews, it's not much better than in the original.

I mean, I loved Shadow of the Colossus, but I'll be the first to admit that it had a terrible camera system as well.

I guess I would say I liked the game overall, but I still prefer the original. It's really the small things that bother me. Fighting on water is a pain in the butt. Enemies shouldn't be able to be knocked me out of essence moves. And of course you have to fight the camera just as hard as the enemies in the game.

That being said I still feel this game is heads and tails above other hack'n'slash games. For me, the enemies being more then just cannon fodder is what really sets this game apart. Instead of just sitting there waiting for you to chop your head off they’re actively trying to take you out.

CIHYFS?