By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WHY DID MGS4 DO SO POORLY AGAINST HALO 3 ?

Why has Metal Gear Solid 4 sales been totally destroyed by Halo ?

HALO 3

USA Week 1

Others Week 1

Around the Network

Maybe because there were more Xbox 360's at the time of Halo 3's release, than Playstation 3's at the time of Metal Gear Solid 4's release. I'm not too sure.

Comparing apples and oranges. I won't even bother to answer.
Get a life!

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Troll question - definitely. Might as well as why did Wii Sports destroy Halo 3?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

@ a.l.e.x00

Halo was released nearly a year ago. The respective userbases at the time of release are about the same.

Edit: Having just checked the database, MGS4 was actually released on a larger userbase. The 360 was a little under 12 million at the time of Halo 3's release.

also, comparing USA to Others does not a good comparison make

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Because Metal Gear Solid 4 is desirable to a smaller segment of the population than Halo 3. Same reason most games sell less than Halo 3.

Spankey said:
also, comparing USA to Others does not a good comparison make

No One compared USA to others both figures are just for HALO 3 in the USA and others .....

And Wii sports was sold with the system from the start, what has that got to do with it? MGS4 is being bundled from the start as well so?...  Halo3 sold on it's own merit...

forgive me, but when you say

HALO 3

USA Week 1

Others Week 1

to me it shows that you are comparing HALO 3 USA week1 sales to Others week1 sales.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral