By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2 BIG RPG'S coming up FFXIII AND FABLE 2 WHAT WILL B BETTER AND Y

Fable 2, of course. Just because it is on 360! :D

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Rath said:
Ones a hack'n'slash WRPG coming out soon, one is a turn based JRPG coming out in a year or so. What makes them comparable?

Where have you been. Final Fantasy isn't turnbased anymore.

Sadly

Wich one is better?? how the hell can we decide that now? when not even one of them have been released yet.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

but in sales its ffxiii

starcraft said:
z101 said:

fable 1 was a mediocre game at best, and fable2 seems to be the same.

Metacritic disagrees on the first point.

As for Fable 2, I'm impressed that you've already been allowed to play the game.

Pray tell, how did it end?

Fable 1 was an average RPG. It was hyped so much because of Molineux's promises that when it came reviewers thought they should give it a high-score for the effort.

It had a bad, linear story; no depth and it was too easy.

shio said:

Fable 1 was an average RPG. It was hyped so much because of Molineux's promises that when it came reviewers thought they should give it a high-score for the effort.

On the contrary.  Many reviewers marked Fable down for failing to meet their lofty expectations.  Its aggregate review score would have been substantially higher were it not for the excessive hype that surrounded the title.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
shio said:

On the contrary. Many reviewers marked Fable down for failing to meet their lofty expectations. Its aggregate review score would have been substantially higher were it not for the excessive hype that surrounded the title.

I think you should read some reviews. It is widely thought by gamers that Fable simply is not a great game.

shio said:
starcraft said:
shio said:

On the contrary. Many reviewers marked Fable down for failing to meet their lofty expectations. Its aggregate review score would have been substantially higher were it not for the excessive hype that surrounded the title.

I think you should read some reviews. It is widely thought by gamers that Fable simply is not a great game.

It is also widely thought by many gamers that FFX, FFXI, and FFXII are not great games.  It's easy to play the blanket statement game isn't it?

I've played through and beaten over 200 RPGs of varying types in my time, from NC to PS to PC etc, and I feel I am a capable critic of the genre.  FFX and FFXII were two of the worst JRPG's available on the PS2.  And even though I hate action RPGs, Fable was one of the best action RPGs released on either ps2 or xbox.

For someone like me, not a fan of action RPGs, but also looking at Final Fantasy's rapid spiral into mediocrity and worse, I'm not sure I'd buy either game. 

Shit, I've still got PS2 RPGs I need to purchase and play, and I still haven't checked Ogre Battle 64 off my list yet. 

STUPID FLAME BAITS!!!! I hope this doesn't turn into flamefest or a bash-a-thon... I haven't played fable yet so I'm not gonna give any answer to this.

starcraft said:
shio said:

Not to get too involved in the fuss here but I have read at least one reviewers statement apologizing for his review of Fable and saying he got caught up in the hype. The game was extremely solid (I personally would have given it an 8) but at least some reviewers got caught up in the hype and over-rated it.

I have faith in Molyneux delivering a better sequel though - he ended up doing it with B&W2 being better than B&W.

Everyone stop comparing chalk and cheese. To many threads where 2 different genres are compared.