By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which has a better game line up for 2008 xbox360 or ps3

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Hawkeye said:
I think 360 does. Lineup implies it hasn't come out yet; PS3 has Disgaea 3, Socom, Resistance 2, and LBP
360 has tales of vesperia, Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts, Alan Wake, Viva Pinata 2 trouble in paradise, Fable 2, and Gears of War 2...

Umm... allow me to counter that statement... no it doesn't lol.

Incorrect.  A LIBRARY consists of already released games.  A LINE-UP consists of games that are yet to be released.  MGS4 is no longer part of the PS3's line-up, just as Lost Odyssey is no longer part of the Xbox 360's line-up.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
LongLiveTheBeatles said:

How? They paid 50 mil for that crap and now they going to spend even more money on advertising! It's just plain stupid. And to think I own their stock. I think they should just leave it on the front page of the marketplace for a while.

Microsoft didn't pay for the DLC.  They gave Take-Two a loan which will be repaid in full should the DLC produce $50 million in revenue (which it is almost certain to do).  Simply throwing in exclusive GTA DLC with their normal Christmas promotions for other games would be enough to ensure broad community awareness of the additional content.

PS3 Exclusives for 2008:

• Afrika
  • Disgaea 3
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  • Heavy Rain
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
  • Resistance 2
  • Siren: Blood Curse
  • SOCOM: Confrontation
  • Tekken 6
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • White Knight Chronicles

XBOX 360 Exclusives for 2008:

• Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  • Fable II
  • Gears of War 2
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Ninja Gaiden II
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Too Human
  • Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

You can decide for yourselves what has the best lineup for 2008.  The 360 has a few big hitters, especially GeOW2, but IMHO, the PS3 has overall the best lineup this year overall.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Fanboys attitudes on the PS3 have put me off ever buying One even if they released the greatest title ever, so I will go with the 360 with the Wii a close second..

And as the E3 hasn't been yet how can anybody really know ???....

Squilliam said: 

It RPG 360 > PS3 > PC

?!

Really? PC is great for RPG's.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Squilliam said:
A. Depends if you have a gaming PC.

If not.

B. Do you like shooters? 360 probably wins...

C. Do you like RPGs? 360 probably wins.

D. Do you love MGS4?- PS3 wins.

For the last time be objective because this is all subjective.

Here's the revision:

A. Depends, are you a PC fanboy

B. Do you like shooters? Well it depends, are you a 360 or a PS3 fanboy?

C. Do you like RPGs? What kind of fanboy are you?

D. Do you love MGS4?- PS3 wins. can't say much about that

It depends on what gaming platforms you own.

If you own a gaming pc - then quite probably the PS3 has the better shooter lineup. Left 4 dead is, and Gears 2 probably will be having a PC version.

RPG definately for the 360 though.

MGS4 people are fanatical it seems, so if you love that game then you'd feel that the PS3 has the best 2008 lineup.

If you own a gaming PC this is what goes down IMO.

FPS PC >PS3>360

RPG 360 > PS3 > PC

Strategy PC > 360 > PS3

If you only own one platform then. (360 or PS3)

Shooter 360 >PS3

RPG 360 > PS3

MGS 4 is worth >>>> if you love the series on its own. Chances are you'd own a PS3 or be thinking hard about buying one right now.

You're not completely right. It is more like this:

FPS - PC > 360 > PS3        (360 has the advantage of the bunch of PC/360 FPS games)

RPG - PC > 360 > PS3        (you have not seen PC's RPG lineup, have you? It crushes 360 and PS3's combined)

Strategy - PC > 360 > PS3 (again, 360 ahead of PS3 due to the PC/360 multiplats)

Action/Adventure - 360 > PS3 > PC

If you don't have a gaming PC:

FPS 360 > PS3

RPG 360 > PS3

Strategy 360 > PS3

Action/Adventure 360 > PS3 (360 wins again, because of PC/360 multip - Alan Wake, Captain Blood,...)

If you have a gaming PC (and removing PC/Console multiplats from 360/PS3 lineup):

FPS PS3 > 360

RPG 360 > PS3

Strategy 360 > PS3

Action/Adventure PS3 = 360 (360 still has more titles, but probably none as good as MGS4)

davygee said:

PS3 Exclusives for 2008:

• Afrika
  • Disgaea 3
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  • Heavy Rain
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
  • Resistance 2
  • Siren: Blood Curse
  • SOCOM: Confrontation
  • Tekken 6
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • White Knight Chronicles

XBOX 360 Exclusives for 2008:

• Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  • Fable II
  • Gears of War 2
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Ninja Gaiden II
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Too Human
  • Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

You can decide for yourselves what has the best lineup for 2008. The 360 has a few big hitters, especially GeOW2, but IMHO, the PS3 has overall the best lineup this year overall.

This is potentially the most biased and deceptive list I have ever seen.

Pretty much the same, both have a decent lineup 2008. For me, 360 since I don't care for MGS4 and love Gears of war. :) I just hope that those jrpg:s will be available as soon as possible.

But wtf, banjo kazooie? That game should not be on 360. Unless ms is planning to bundle it with VP and try to sell 360 for little kids too.

My opinion - the 360. The SquareEnix RPGs tilt it - not to mention StarOcean, Tales Of, Banjo Kazooie, Fable II, Too Human, ...

Shooters generally don't interest me. The main thing I see on the PS3 calendar is LBP + Home.

Sony will have a number of surprises lined up at E3 though - they had better, or their lineup will be remarkably weak for the latter half of the year.

...don't want to even consider what Ninty has lined up...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

reggie2 said:

Fanboys attitudes on the PS3 have put me off ever buying One even if they released the greatest title ever, so I will go with the 360 with the Wii a close second..

And as the E3 hasn't been yet how can anybody really know ???....

Let's be brutally honest here.  There are a lot of fanboys of either console here, but you have only posted 10 times and you're already the top of the bunch.  You're way worse than either category as you have done nothing else but to bash others or try to troll them or bait them.