By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which has a better game line up for 2008 xbox360 or ps3

A. Depends if you have a gaming PC.

If not.

B. Do you like shooters? 360 probably wins...

C. Do you like RPGs? 360 probably wins.

D. Do you love MGS4?- PS3 wins.

Tease.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Legend11 said:

Here are some of the 360's confirmed exclusives for 2008:

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Too Human
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead

There's also Grand Theft Auto 4: Episode 1 which is slated for release between November 2008 - January 2009).

And there are other exclusives coming like Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, and others that I didn't bother adding to the list since they're relatively niche. Halo Wars was originally expected to be released later this year but who knows when it'll be released (the same can be said of Alan Wake).

Do you think enough people will remember the thing is even coming out for it to make a difference?

Microsoft will no doubt make sure everyone is aware of it.

the highlighted part - I forgot where this information was from but what was the quote again? Wasn't it Q4 '08? And does that mean Fiscal? If fiscal Q4 is Feb-april... right...

Squilliam said:

If not.

lol at your post.

to OP - avoid posts like this. He is going out of his way to make it seem the nly game worth mention this year on Ps3 is MGS4 then makes 360 points so vague to make it look like its got the uber line up.

but I'll agree with his point A

B. I'm sorry what shooters are there for 360 besides Gears?  I know ps3 has SOCOM and R2. i'd say this is more open for debate than you make it seem

C. - i'll give it to you

I Perdict said:
Squilliam said:

If not.

lol at your post.

to OP - avoid posts like this. He is going out of his way to make it seem the nly game worth mention this year on Ps3 is MGS4 then makes 360 points so vague to make it look like its got the uber line up.

B. I'm sorry what shooters are there for 360 besides Gears?  I know ps3 has SOCOM and R2. i'd say this is more open for debate than you make it seem

C. - i'll give it to you

For B. Left 4 Dead and Gears...Valve and Epic versus Insomniac and...umm... In any case, based on their previous shooter history Id rate these games in following order

1. Left 4 Dead, 2. Gears 2, 3. Resistance 2........ 34. Socom

I Perdict said:
Legend11 said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Legend11 said:

Here are some of the 360's confirmed exclusives for 2008:

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Too Human
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead

There's also Grand Theft Auto 4: Episode 1 which is slated for release between November 2008 - January 2009).

And there are other exclusives coming like Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, and others that I didn't bother adding to the list since they're relatively niche. Halo Wars was originally expected to be released later this year but who knows when it'll be released (the same can be said of Alan Wake).

Do you think enough people will remember the thing is even coming out for it to make a difference?

Microsoft will no doubt make sure everyone is aware of it.

the highlighted part - I forgot where this information was from but what was the quote again? Wasn't it Q4 '08? And does that mean Fiscal? If fiscal Q4 is Feb-april... right...

Take-Two delayed it until their FY2009 Q1 (Nov 2008-Jan 2009).

Around the Network

LBP >>>>>>>> anything else for me, so PS3.

disolitude said:
I Perdict said: 

lol at your post.

C. - i'll give it to you

For B. Left 4 Dead and Gears...Valve and Epic versus Insomniac and...umm... In any case, based on their previous shooter history Id rate these games in following order

1. Left 4 Dead, 2. Gears 2, 3. Resistance 2........ 34. Socom

Valve is doing Left 4 Dead?

And really you shouldn't count Insomniac out of it. R2 sounds like a good step in the right direction from R1.

and where are you from? (i looked at your profile. Canada.)

SOCOM is pretty big in the states. (It's a SCEA game)

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=2092

It has ALOT of clans and tournaments dedicated to it.

Really for multiplayer SOCOM + R2 > GeoW L4D

@I Predict
You realize Left 4 Dead is a multiplayer only game rigth? Last time Valve did this they came out with Counterstrike, and Team Fortress...both are legends in the gaming comunity.

Resistance 2 I will play, but socom has never been more than mediocre...it got a heavy push from Sony as its a first party title...and it was on ps2, the highest selling console of all time, so it sold ok.

Who knows however, Socom may turn out pretty good...

PS. I am in Canada yes :)

disolitude said:

@I Predict
You realize Left 4 Dead is a multiplayer only game rigth? Last time Valve did this they came out with Counterstrike, and Team Fortress...both are legends in the gaming comunity.

Resistance 2 I will play, but socom has never been more than mediocre...it got a heavy push from Sony as its a first party title...and it was on ps2, the highest selling console of all time.

Who knows however, Socom may turn out pretty good...

PS. I am in Canada yes :)

The new SOCOM is online only too... I'm pretty sure... last I heard they were doing what they did with Warhawk and GT5:P blu-ray and PSN.

I've did very little reading on L4D... is it like the Zombie mod for Counter Strike Source?

Either way I was weighing in R2 and SOCOM favor mostly because of R2. I liked R1's MP better then GeoW. Also I've done little research on L4D and I know there are a lot of clans heavily dedicated to SOCOM (People still play SOCOM2)

Squilliam said:

If not.

For the last time be objective because this is all subjective. 

Here's the revision:

A. Depends, are you a PC fanboy

B. Do you like shooters? Well it depends, are you a 360 or a PS3 fanboy?

C. Do you like RPGs? What kind of fanboy are you?

D. Do you love MGS4?- PS3 wins. can't say much about that