By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft wants to be first on the market with their next console

Yeah, as I've said before, consoles do not have equivalent life cycles, and are not part of equivalent business plans from their respective companies, even if we talk of certain groups of consoles being in the same "generation" as one another.  PS3 launched 1 year after 360 and will be selling for 6 years or more after 360 is gone (including after the release of PS4).  The next Xbox will definitely be more powerful than PS3 obviously, and the PS4 will definitely be more powerful than that.  We're headed for staggered HD releases next "gen."

Around the Network

It would funny if they new xbox got no industry support if it releases that early, PS3 would still be better than it ( and the fact that devs are just starting to cut costs this gen they wont be happy stating again so soon, so i think they will mainly support PS3 if this happens)

Devs would hate it for sure. Budgets are already out of control.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

ctk495 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Well the xbox brand will go from 2nd to 3rd this gen.....so they are going backwards

How are you so sure about that?

At this rate the chances of X360 are very small to stay second this gen..

ToastyJaguar said:
it has paid off with the 360, so doing it again is a smart move.

But i think the next Wii will be the first next time.

i hugely disagree.

mainly because the 360 is currently the worst selling console of this gen....since december 2007 of course. it has dropped from first to third in both japan and europe, with a years head start, and has dropped from first to second in america. its early release has also resulted in the console suffering from hardware problems, due to lack of proper testing to help rush it out.

all this has happened with the console that was released a year early and has the highest rated games, and the best online service of this gen.

paid off? nah.

Around the Network

Very clever to state this already...
If all the mass media and analysts quote this statement, it could imply that the 360 is “outdated” already and it could hurt their console sales.

Man if I listened to all the guys on this forum I would think the 360 is dead and is the worst thing ever. Too bad they have an amazing line up of games for the year and an amazing line up of games already released, for a dead system that is a waste. Well, I guess I will be one of the few people to enjoy them.

MS says this all the time, this will in no way hurt them.

I expect the Xbox3 to come out in Nov 2011.

Wii2 n PS4 in Nov 2012.

I seriously doubt that Nintendo would ever come out last again, especially with the gc fiasco. Don't you guys get the feeling that regardless of the great games that the xbox consoles helped create (and will help create in the future) and fine online experience that Microsoft is nothing more than just a stranger trying to compete with a crowd far more acknowledged than they themselves will ever be?

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

One thought comes to mind.

SSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA