By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! - MGS4 Debut week - PS3 -- ok

HappySqurriel said:
skip said:

keep in mind that mgs4 was released on the 12th and the reporting period end is the 14th.

Why is it that every game release has someone who points out that it was only available for 2 days?

Isn't the average game get 4 days of release in the EU? I wouldn't know, but it's something I'm wondering.

Around the Network

@happysquirel

as I said NO 80GB bundles in EU

AND SPAIN RELEASE WAS DELAYED

PS3's 2nd largest market in EU

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Not looking very good for PS3 and MGS4. While Halo 3 had more than double that during the release of the biggest sports games for EU(FIFA 08) and 360 had about a 100% in HW sales MGS4 and PS3 pale in comparison even with the same install base.

Soriku said:
Eh...it's not the full week. It sold 429,318 SW which is good.

same day like all releases.... you should know that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

HappySqurriel said:
skip said:

keep in mind that mgs4 was released on the 12th and the reporting period end is the 14th.

Why is it that every game release has someone who points out that it was only available for 2 days?

Maybe because its true...? LOL

Around the Network

Wow, this is so hilariuos, rofl. People predicting 2 million+ WW first week for MGS4 and a total domination in HW front. Also mocking users who made more realistic predictions. WW sales will be close to 1.3 million but for the WEEK not first day.

Not the results a lot of fanboys were expecting at the news section on the 1st day sales.

Wii and DS: Incredible, Unbelievable, Fantastic, Amazing, Awe inspiring.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

HappySqurriel said:
skip said:

Yeah, the whole point of first week sales of big games is, for a big part, pre-orders.

However, it should be said that games usually have bigger legs in Europe than in USA and Japan.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

CrazzyMan said:
WTF???
30k? This must be joke.
Hmm.. 430k? Will wait what Konami will say about sales. =]

So much faith in this site

Tell me, why are you on this site again?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

SONY DOMINATION STARTS TODA-

Wait...

...wtf?

Considering that MGS4 was released on the 12th of June, the numbers are pretty good. It amazing to see just how much the DS sells every week in Others.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"