By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! - MGS4 Debut week - PS3 -- ok

keep in mind that mgs4 was released on the 12th and the reporting period end is the 14th.

Around the Network

very good numbers for PS3 and XBOX360...

there should be some PS3 number revision coming up...

skip said:

keep in mind that mgs4 was released on the 12th and the reporting period end is the 14th.

Why is it that every game release has someone who points out that it was only available for 2 days?

Good software sales for Metal Gear, nice hardware boost for PS3. Sales simply weren't anywhere close to Grand Theft Auto levels (209k hardware, 1.2m software). But anyone who thought that they would be was deluding themselves...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

Im not impressed either, I was expecting 150k for OTHERS

and 700k for MGS4

Lets hope NA, and JAPAN are a much larger boost.

mM
HappySqurriel said:

So a 29% boost from the release of Metal Gear Solid 4?

Did the other regions get the 80GB bundle, because if they did that is awful ...

All regions recieved a bundle, but only NA recieved the 80gb.

HappySqurriel said:

So a 29% boost from the release of Metal Gear Solid 4?

Did the other regions get the 80GB bundle, because if they did that is awful ...

Lord in heaven, no 80 gig bundle was released in that Region and the game wasnt released in a major country. the sales are pretty good I would say. Besides, we already know the sales of the game, they are on the front page under news on this site. I would call those Day 1 sales better then awful.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

430k in 2 days is pretty good IMO, and 29% increase for PS3 hardware is pretty good

WTF???
30k? This must be joke.
Hmm.. 430k? Will wait what Konami will say about sales. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far