By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! - MGS4 Debut week - PS3 -- ok

I would say if Spain was added MGS4 SW number may be around 475k.

Wii:FC 8542-6809-7276-6787

GT: Lordragoon 

Around the Network

Keep in mind that lots of upgraders bought the GT and GTA bundles that were out.

The sales will be much healthier in america, where there hasn't been a high profile game and bundle out since MotorStorm.

Lots of people bought the GTA IV bundle or GT bundle and didn't need to upgrade.

MGS4 opened well also.

- no 80gb
- poor bundle (u save 20 euros ...)
- no spain
- no DS3

Even more, 449 euros is still very expensive ...

And how to explain US sales ???

==> 80gb says "Hi !!!"

Time to Work !

NA should be the only place that has a significant bump in hardware for MGS4 because of the introduction of a New SKU with the Dualshock 3.

From the Japan preview, it looks like a significant bump, too, so Sony fans should definitely be happy about that. EU software sales are what matter there, and that debut is good.

And stop picking on members who haven't even posted in this thread yet. That is troll-baiting.

FishyJoe said:
Well it would surprise me if Spain would add much to the total, since I think the other totals is already high.

In the UK, the MGS4 sold almost the same as GT5P. Others first week sales for GT5P was 385k. So even without Spain, MGS4 sold quite a bit more outside of the UK relative to GT5P. I have a hard time believing that MGS4 would sell so much more unless the UK really hates MGS4.

Well, MGS2 sold between 300-600k in the UK according to ELSPA/Chart Track but sold over 2.4mil in the "others" region according to VGchartz so MGS may be a title that appeals to all of the PAL region and not just the UK.

So with MGS2 sales, UK represents less than 25% of total sales for the PAL region of the title.

Around the Network
Lightning08 said:
FishyJoe said:
Well it would surprise me if Spain would add much to the total, since I think the other totals is already high.

In the UK, the MGS4 sold almost the same as GT5P. Others first week sales for GT5P was 385k. So even without Spain, MGS4 sold quite a bit more outside of the UK relative to GT5P. I have a hard time believing that MGS4 would sell so much more unless the UK really hates MGS4.

Well, MGS2 sold between 300-600k in the UK according to ELSPA/Chart Track but sold over 2.4mil in the "others" region according to VGchartz so MGS may be a title that appeals to all of the PAL region and not just the UK.

So with MGS2 sales, UK represents less than 25% of total sales for the PAL region of the title.

I'm a little wary of stats that old, not to mention an entirely different platform. The demographics for the region were probably different from what they are today.

FishyJoe said:
Lightning08 said:
FishyJoe said:

I'm a little wary of stats that old, not to mention an entirely different platform. The demographics for the region were probably different from what they are today.

Yeah, well, whatever. I'm just pointing out that MGS4 seems to be falling exactly into line with what previous MGS titles have done and therefore to me there is no issue. I believe Spain get the game on Wednesday so we will see their sales soon enough.

I think PS3 will outsell Wii in japan for this week, in America it will depend how much Nintendo wants to sell. If they want to it could be over 400k completely overshadowing the launch like they did with GTA 4. Or they could not care and let Sony win.

Whether or not PS3 outsells Wii is all up to Nintendo and how much they want to give to NA.

lol havent you read the dates? the ps3 only got a two days boost with mgs4. mgs4 was released 12th and these numbers are numbers from 7th to 14th meaning only two days with mgs4.

Still its not that much though.

PS3 hardware in the Others region clearly underperformed next to expectations assuming these numbers arn't adjusted.

Hardware also underperformed relative to expectations in NA, once again assuming the preliminary reports are correct.

Conversely, I feel the hardware boost for the PS3 in Japan significantly exceeded all reasonable expectations (I saw some idiots predicting 100k, which I don't consider reasonable).

More than this week being a win for Sony, this week was a win for Konami, as MGS4 seems to have exceeded expectations in ALL regions.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS